Author Topic: boneybradley - mk3 8v  (Read 16703 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
boneybradley - mk3 8v
« on: 07 May 2007, 18:45 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: boneybradley - mk3 8v
« Reply #1 on: 08 May 2007, 14:28 »
here goes nothing.....

This is the story of my mk3 gti 8v.... I bought this in may 2006 from ebay after looking at dozen's in the autotrader and paid £1320. the car had done 124000miles and had full service history including a bill for £220 done just 4 week's before I bought it (typical golf mk3 running problem's) and was 100% standard...

the first bit's i did was smoked side repeater's, FK M3 rear light's (which were chrome rimmed :sick:), some crystal front indicator's/fog light's, 16v aerial, deep vr6 front spoiler and a red GTI front badge..

here's how she looked at vw festival in leeds 2006
« Last Edit: 18 August 2007, 19:52 by boneybradley »
Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #2 on: 08 May 2007, 14:38 »
Next job's were dodgy rear suspension which required new rear axle bushes, a pair of boge turbo front shocker's, a pair of sachs advantage rear shocker's and a quality set of -40mm spring's...

resulting in this stance. which look's much better than before and has transformed the handling..

I have also painted my caliper's red and put some red side badges on the car..my most recent addition was some smoked front indicator's and tow eye cover's as the crystal one's leaked and went crappy...

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #3 on: 15 May 2007, 22:43 »
Just an update......

She failed the m.o.t on the copper brake pipe's running to the rear (and with out a ramp it was trolley jack's in the rain!!) and I have also decided to replace the rear wheel bearing's, rear disc's and fit some decent pad's.... I have also bought some wheel spacer's (8mm correct mk3 fitment bought from this site) and hopefully these will improve the look's a bit...
before she's re m.o.t'd I am going to try and repaint the caliper's and hopefully (weather permitting) paint and laquer the wheel's

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2007, 17:21 »
Just a quick update..... She finally has an m.o.t (due to the fact i couldn't find a garage with a low enough ramp as she catches on the normal stuff!!!) I have all the brake pipes done and fitted the rear disc's and bearings and what a difference this has made to the handling as she feel's much more glued to the road... I have fitted the spacer's on the back which gives it a much better stance than before and will do the front's when time permit's.....

This picture was taken before I fitted the spacer's.....I will update my picture's after she get's a clean :rolleyes:

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #5 on: 29 July 2007, 16:09 »
Just a quick update before my hol's... and vw festival which hopefully my car will be on the club stand!!

I have given it a meguires 3 step clean today using deep paint cleaner, polish and then the wax..... great stuff and at £24 for all 3 good price too

you can also see the increase in rear track with the new spacer's fitted (all though with people in the back it scrub's!! and that's on 15's)

they do fill the arches better tho but i am still unsure wether the front needs them?

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #6 on: 29 July 2007, 18:54 »
I also gave the interior a clean..... First time in ages due to all the rain

I have a set of door cards that I am planning on retrimming and I am thinking black leather with red ancantara although I am waiting for some colour swab thing's (unless I can find some gti mk3 anniversary material and I will lose the alcantara) ... Just as well I bought the wife a sewing machine last christmas  :grin:
and then i will think about sorting the seat's.......hhhmmmm idea's

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #7 on: 18 August 2007, 19:51 »
After 2 weeks abroad i came back to find the car like this

and close up the paint was  :sick: :angry: :cry: (and these pictures don't show just how bad it was)

she now look's

ready for vw festival tommorrow.....and guess what it's now raining :angry:
« Last Edit: 15 April 2008, 19:20 by boneybradley »

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #8 on: 10 September 2007, 18:41 »
Well i finally got my blowing exhaust sorted.... the middle box had a 4" split in and the rearbox wasn't even attached to the rest!! So I now have this

£70 delivered from germany was good. There were a few fitting issues as the new pipe was exactly the same diameter as my middle which meant a sleeve had to be made and then welded to the middle box (when checking the part no of the midle box it's from a 16v). the middle box was welded up to..hey presto no more blowing :smiley: :smiley:
« Last Edit: 15 September 2007, 17:04 by boneybradley »

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
« Reply #9 on: 11 September 2007, 23:37 »
heres some pictures of the dials i currently have fitted....(as per request)

this is how the stick on dials look at daytime....

and at night...

they are fitted with multi coloured led's (which had to be soldered to the circuit board!!) and have a switch to flick through the different colours...only problem is mounting the switch so currently this is tucked up behind the dash..oh yeah the mileage display has decided to throw a fit!! thats my 3rd set of dials since owning the car..first set the mfa display failed, second was mileage display and these look like there starting!!.. anybody know how to fix these lcd displays?? these do say 131926miles...