Author Topic: 2.0gti! - mk3 16v turbo  (Read 8513 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
2.0gti! - mk3 16v turbo
« on: 07 May 2007, 18:44 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline 2.0gti!

• Not said much yet
Re: 2.0gti! - mk3 16v turbo
« Reply #1 on: 09 May 2007, 18:37 »
cheers jv  :cool:

well here we go then.

my golf started life as a former members 2.0 8v mk3 gti in tornado red pretty much standard except for a few mods.

this is how she looked the day i got her home.

but it wasnt to stay that way long.

i only planned to buy the golf as a runner round for a while until i found something else but that never happened.

this is how she looked once id been on here and seen some good ideas from hardcore and a few other members.

the body work carried on from that until id pretty much gone over the whole car removing all the dents and rust especially from the tailgate.

i drove the car around in a bit of a state for a while until i decided to strip all of the interior out of it to make it a bit lighter i fitted a de cat an air filter and had i setup buy my mate on his rolling road.

i loved it the car was fast and had quite a lot of tourqe and was fun racing idiots in zetec s's they thought it was a piece of sh@te!

after a few months of fun i thought it was time i painted the car and made it look less tatty now ive allways had a soft spot for matt black but couldnt see myself painting my golf that colour that was until my mate persuaded me!

the result was unbeliveable and was well noticed in my area by lots of people most of them loved it and couldnt belive how brave i was to do it.

once the car was stripped and painted i then began to think about saftey so i fitted two bucket seats and harness's and made a roll cage.

i was lovin it it was end of summer and i had a half quick car that lots of people liked wot more could i want.

but then my string of good luck stopped and on a sunny saturday afternoon on my way to southend seafront the diff went in the gearbox.

i planned to replace the gearbox  and fit a new clutch but it wasnt to be the car got left in my garden and was neglected for months it was then when i decided to build the car at the spec id allways wanted.

so first things first where to strip the car down to a bare shell and get it to my work where i could start repairing the rot and build a good safe cage and seam weld the shell.

work started on the car buy removing the spare whee well and fabricating a roll cage.

once that was done it was time to get the shell out side and start removing paint and seam sealer and sound deadening.

while i was doing that i decided on what engine to build and what management to run.

well it had to be a 2.0 16v abf with lowerd compression ratio and turbo'd  good job i had just bought a mint 16v lump then that had only 50 thousand miles.

:cool:

Offline 2.0gti!

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 09 May 2007, 18:39 »
while work on the shell was taking a long time i started collecting parts for the car.

so far i have collected.

a new non power steering rack

two new handbrake cables

two brake duct scoops

new unbranded coilovers

two new track rods

full powerflex poly bushes

new alloy fuel swirl pot

new rear lights

new german style plates

new 3" inlet pipercross air filter

new track rod ends bottom ball joints and a few other little bits

well i have decide to run the car on weber marelli engine management
( cosworth management if you didnt know )  for this and the turbo conversion i have had/made lots of custom parts made.

alloy injector seats

bottom trigger ring ( 4 point )

yellow injectors

cosworth fuel rail

alloy manifold plate

well thats it for now i'll get some more pics and an update up soon!

hope you like :cool:

Offline 2.0gti!

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2007, 17:37 »
well sorry for the delay! :embarassed:

but things have been happening very slowly lately im still waiting for bits from the water jet cutters and laser cutters for the inlet manifold and exhaust manifold.

but there is progress on the shell it is nearly sandblasted but due to the really bad weather we have had it has got surface rust allready!!!! :sick:

hopefully im gonna finish sandblasting the rest of the shell this week and get it home them remove the surface rust seam weld the shell and primer it then i can start on the underside!!! :shocked:

im gonna try and get some photos up of the shell this week so you can see my progress. :wink:

cheers! :cool: