Author Topic: rtuk - bennyboy's mk3  (Read 7437 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
rtuk - bennyboy's mk3
« on: 03 February 2007, 16:21 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline rtuk

• Not said much yet
Re: rtuk - bennyboy's mk3
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2007, 16:45 »
Thanks John :)

Over the last few months Ive started an little install all done by me. I started it when The TT was being worked at work on.  Most of the install has been done by me the only thing work has done is fit the alarm.

First job was to rip all the boot interior out and the back seats so i could clean it ready for laying the Dynamat.

Once that had been done it was time to start lying the Dynamat easy to use simply cut it to size and heat it up then lay it down and go over it with a roller. It does make a big difference Dynamat and does help provent rattles also cut down on road noise to.

I also did the doors and around the speakers. I used a full boot kit and a door kit.

Next up was to lay all the cables I used 0 gage power cable which was difficult to lay due ti it being the thickness of a tow rope lol. Next up the car was booked in for an alarm no other choice really it had to be Clifford so i got the Clifford concept 650 with dual zone sensors tilt sensor and glass break also will be having remote start fitted at some point.

The next stage was to fit my amp and sub this amp is temporary waiting for my mono block to come in when it does this amp will power my front componets.

On Friday I got my head unit fitted I went for a Pioneer DEH-P9800BT which has built in Blue tooth. I will post some pics up later.

WWW.RACETECHUK.COM

Offline rtuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 08 February 2007, 12:03 »
Well orderd a H.I.D kit on Tuesday came today so the first job in the workshop today was my car for the kit to be fitted very simple to do its all plug and play looks very good also very bright will test out tonight lol. If any body is thinking about doing this get done worth every penny :)

WWW.RACETECHUK.COM

Offline rtuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 09 July 2007, 20:10 »
I've been very bust lately with work my boss has had bit of a rough time at home so has had a lot of time lately so this ment I was running the place as I did so well I got a promotion to sales manager. Any way came home from work the sun was out so I cleaned my car for the first time in months. She maybe 12 years old but she does scrub up well lol. :)

Bottom of the wheels arch was rusty so newly painted not bad for rattle can done by my self of course.:)

Newly fitted steering wheel.

View from the rear German style number plates.

Door pods with Rainbow SLX265 components.

Half way through the boot install I plan on moving the sub to the other wheel arch in a custom box when time allows. lol

WWW.RACETECHUK.COM

Offline rtuk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 01 September 2007, 20:30 »
Last weekend I was competing at Source in Sheffield of the 5th round of I.A.S.C.A championship.

I wasnt expecting to do well due to my install not being complete and also not set up due the RTA meter being sent away for repair.

My day stated early on Sunday up the M62 onto the M1 got a little lost on the way lol. As soon as I got there I begain to clean the car in I.A.S.C.A they dont just judge you on you quality of workmanship but how you prestant your car.

So the judging begain and even tough it was not set up correcty judges was impressed with me car I still have some way to go yet. Its my first season in competeing and I do enjoy it and thats the main thing  most cars in my class have been competing for many years and some have 20 grands worth equipment in them.

Pictures from the day.

Anyway I came last but I wasnt far off from the pack I am hoping next year will be my year. As soon as I came back from Source I began work on my custom box.

Before my custom box.

After.

I hope you like still not finished any coments welcome.

WWW.RACETECHUK.COM