Author Topic: Dom Mk3 - The Driver  (Read 10070 times)

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
Re: Dom Mk3 - The Driver
« Reply #10 on: 09 December 2005, 09:57 »
Lost a centre cap last night, hmph :(

Borbet importers are checking to see if they have a spare one but if not I'll have to buy a set of 4. Ah well, least I'll have some spares!

Anyway, to the point. The sharp eyed amongst you may have noticed a distinct lack of aerial on the car. It had been snapped off when I bought it but I didn't want to replace it, don't think it looks too slick poking out of the wing!

Didn't want to fit a beesting in the roof either so I went the windscreen route. Bit fiddly to fit but satisfied enough with the end result. As long as you're not expecting miracle reception they're ok.

and an earthquake shot...

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #11 on: 10 December 2005, 11:10 »
more goodies arrived today in the form of smoked M3 rears. I was umming and arring about it for a while, thinking M3's might stand out a bit too much against the dark bodywork. I bit the bullet and opted for the smoked versions. I still think they're a little bit bright but seem to look ok.

Next on the list - new tailgate! Many reasons, mostly because this one has a spot of rust (!) but also because I want to remove the badge, wiper and handle for a cleaner look. I'll still keep the number plate recess though.

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #12 on: 13 December 2005, 20:12 »
picked up a new tailgate, albeit in the wrong colour. Not fussed though, it's mint and would need spraying anyway!

As planned just going to remove the lock wiper and badge... might shorten the number plate recess but probably not.

Have also replaced the thermostat and gearbox oil... car now sits at the right temperature and drives loads better :D

back with more updates soon...

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #13 on: 28 January 2006, 21:47 »
And so this marks the end of this project.

Car returned back to relatively standard, Borbets sold to Vaughny, and I've got meself a 16v GTi :D

Time for a new thread me thinks!

Offline Dom Mk3

• I live here
  • Insert wit here
« Reply #14 on: 11 September 2006, 19:12 »
*blows dust off cover*

and it seems I'm about to own this car again... round 2!