Author Topic: New Gti Performance 7.5 Member  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
New Gti Performance 7.5 Member
« on: 02 November 2022, 14:42 »
Good afternoon all,

Just joined the site after recently purchasing a Mk7. 5 Golf Gti Performance Pack in Silver White metallic.

Looking forward to getting involved here. I used to be quite active on a number of forums, when I used to have a mk2 8v Gti, then a mk3 gti. I then moved onto a mk1 S3 which I had for nearly 10 years.

Hopefully will catch up with some familiar names in due course.

Thanks
Nilz

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: New Gti Performance 7.5 Member
« Reply #1 on: 06 November 2022, 09:21 »
Welcome Nilz  :smiley:

I’m a big fan of Silver White (which had an all too short run) so some photos would be nice.
The S3 must’ve really suited you well to keep it that long! The first S3’s were pretty special cars and a far cry from the later ones which are just S-Lines with a few add on’s in comparison.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 November 2022, 14:27 »
Welcome along Nilz, silver white is a great colour. 👍
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 07 November 2022, 12:27 »
Thanks for the welcome guys, the short run of the colour is something that appealed to me, to make it that little bit more special ;)

I will get some photos up when I get a chance.

The S3 was a great car, ticked all the boxes and went form strength to strength, getting back into the Golf after many years does actually feel like getting into the Mk2 again.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 07 November 2022, 15:13 »
I know what you mean about that familiarity down through the generations, I think VW spent a bit of effort on this as they know a very high proportion of Golf sales are repeat customers. Things like the driving position, window line and feel of things all have that familiarity about them.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner