Author Topic: Active Info Display  (Read 31218 times)

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
Re: Active Info Display
« Reply #70 on: 17 June 2017, 10:44 »
I guess that the new Polo tech won't appear in the Golf until the MK8?  Unless they do a face lift of the face lift?  :laugh:
What new tech? Have I missed something? I don't see any options available in the Polo that are not already available in the Golf. In fact, my "must have" option, DCC appears to be missing.

Is the Polo GTI 2.0L engine just a detuned Golf GTI engine?

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #71 on: 17 June 2017, 11:01 »
All car makers do the same thing - you can't have the same tech on their supermini as their family car or executive cruiser.

Why? Because its all about ramping up sales value.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #72 on: 17 June 2017, 11:38 »
I guess that the new Polo tech won't appear in the Golf until the MK8?  Unless they do a face lift of the face lift?  :laugh:
What new tech? Have I missed something? I don't see any options available in the Polo that are not already available in the Golf. In fact, my "must have" option, DCC appears to be missing.

The Polo is apparently the first VW to get the 2nd generation active info display. Matt Watson also mentions in his latest Carwow video on YouTube that it will get an option for adaptive dampers but I don't know where he's got that information from.
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #73 on: 17 June 2017, 14:26 »

The Polo is apparently the first VW to get the 2nd generation active info display. Matt Watson also mentions in his latest Carwow video on YouTube that it will get an option for adaptive dampers but I don't know where he's got that information from.

He probably read it on an Internet forum.  :lipsrsealed:

The current/outgoing Polo has the DCC option so it's a foregone conclusion the new one will have the option eventually.
The journos have to sit through a load of speeches and presentations at launches, plus they get a big press pack for them to misquote in their reports. That's where he'd have got the information from.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #74 on: 17 June 2017, 15:35 »
And just two pages back  :grin:

another quote to dismiss?

"The sixth generation Polo has grown, making it larger than its predecessor in all of its dimensions. This has resulted in much more interior space and a significantly increased boot volume, which has grown from 280 to 351 litres. Nonetheless, it is still a snappy compact car on the outside. It is enlightening to compare this car to the fourth generation Golf (built until 2003) which has sold in the millions. It shows that the Polo has adapted to people who have grown, but also that it utilises its enclosed space even more effectively."

Same size as a mk4, bigger boot than mk4, front assist, ACC, blind spot monitor, traffic alert, park assist, keyless, wireless charging... 'enlightened'?

Oh and of course a "Self-confident, masculine look". I think that's the car, could be Exonian, not sure.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #75 on: 17 June 2017, 15:53 »
Some good pictures of the new Polo GTI in this article in CAR Magazine. It looks really good in Red with what looks like an 18" version of Brescia alloys;

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/frankfurt/2017/new-vw-polo-pictures-specs-info/

Also one of the pictures shows DCC specced........

Not a big fan of the interior coloured inlays but other than that looks like a 'mini-golf' interior (which is what the Polo is after all). I'd be interested to hear what all this extra interior/boot space is doing to weight, I'm guessing the power is going to be in Fiesta ST/Clio range, I get the feeling any performance increase in this Gen is going to be counteracted by this extra weight.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 17 June 2017, 16:02 »
Extra space doesn't necessarily add extra weight if the rest of the car is intelligently engineered. The current Golf is actually lighter than the car it replaced.
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #77 on: 17 June 2017, 16:04 »

Oh and of course a "Self-confident, masculine look". I think that's the car, could be Exonian, not sure.

That's just how my expensively assembled public relations management team are paid to portray me.

Extra space doesn't necessarily add extra weight if the rest of the car is intelligently engineered. The current Golf is actually lighter than the car it replaced.
That's almost the same excuse I used to my wife when I had to buy bigger trousers.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #78 on: 17 June 2017, 17:33 »
The current/outgoing Polo has the DCC option so it's a foregone conclusion the new one will have the option eventually.
I knew the Polo GTI had some adjustment to the suspension. I didn't realise that it was also called DCC.

Currently, it is only available on the Polo GTI and only has 2 settings - comfort and sport. From what I remember reading 'sport' mode is only for a track.  And comfort was less than comfortable in the real world. Also, it only costs £260 so I doubt if it is the same system that is available in the Golf costing £800.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #79 on: 17 June 2017, 17:50 »
I knew the Polo GTI had some adjustment to the suspension. I didn't realise that it was also called DCC.

Currently, it is only available on the Polo GTI and only has 2 settings - comfort and sport. From what I remember reading 'sport' mode is only for a track.  And comfort was less than comfortable in the real world. Also, it only costs £260 so I doubt if it is the same system that is available in the Golf costing £800.

I think you're right. The Sport Performance pack (as it's called) isn't proper DCC, as there is no comfort mode. In fact there's also a video on YouTube of Watson testing the old Polo GTi and he reckons the option isn't worth the money even though it's only £260.
7.5 GTD