Author Topic: Mk3 gti 16v project colour code  (Read 68351 times)

Gavv8

Re: Mk3 gti 16v project colour code
« Reply #320 on: 27 May 2013, 21:45 »
I will admit that i'm planning on putting mine back on shocks'n'springs but only when i can get hold of some shortened shocks and -60mm springs.......addicted to low i'm afraid but the cheap coilover ride is beginning to naff me off a bit especially as i've been doing more motorway mileage recently where it does get very wearing.

Why not just raise the coilovers, I found mine better when raised.
I did try raising them but it just made them bouncier so crashy/bouncy and harsh instead of just crashy and harsh.. :grin:

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #321 on: 27 May 2013, 21:50 »
I do wanna get some new oem shocks and 30mm lowering springs

I would look for Sachs or Boge Gas shocks, will be a good match on lowering springs

Yh been looking at Sachs shocks. Cost more then I thort tho lol

I will admit that i'm planning on putting mine back on shocks'n'springs but only when i can get hold of some shortened shocks and -60mm springs.......addicted to low i'm afraid but the cheap coilover ride is beginning to naff me off a bit especially as i've been doing more motorway mileage recently where it does get very wearing.

I think the main reason for me is the terrible roads atm, there so bad I places I'm having to drive round corner half on the other side of the road! Plus got a lift in my mates bora and it drove soo smooth, then got back in mine and it was horrible lol.

josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Gavv8

« Reply #322 on: 27 May 2013, 21:54 »
The roads around the westcountry are not very 'lowered' friendly thats for sure and this in turn does affect the way you drive a slammed car, i'm not convinced its the safest way to drive.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #323 on: 29 May 2013, 07:56 »
You bunch of ladyboys! Lol, to be fair, my Gti came with Boge struts and 60mm lowering springs before I put the FK coilovers on. It drove like a dream in comparison to my old Mk3 with hot tuning coilies :/ in turn, the FK's are a much better ride. In the coilover game, you really get what you pay for I reckon!

Offline BISSONE

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #324 on: 29 May 2013, 18:40 »
Anything with Race, Sport or Tuning in the name thats cheap is cack! Good rule of thumb. Never understood why people buy cheap suspension why even do it to yourself? Lol

Gavv8

« Reply #325 on: 29 May 2013, 18:49 »
Mines on fk's and it feels anything but smooth..

Offline murraymint

• I live here
« Reply #326 on: 29 May 2013, 21:27 »
I've got old school jamex on the valver  :smug:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #327 on: 30 May 2013, 21:02 »
any of you lot got advice for suspension that doesn't bottom out on the rear? I got joms and I like the ride except when I go quick over bumps in the road, the rear gets a bit funny!

Offline GOLF-MK3-GTI

• I live here
« Reply #328 on: 03 June 2013, 23:03 »
any of you lot got advice for suspension that doesn't bottom out on the rear? I got joms and I like the ride except when I go quick over bumps in the road, the rear gets a bit funny!

check the rear axle bush?, they may well be shot.

Offline whileoceanasleeps

• I live here
  • patience comes to those who wait.
« Reply #329 on: 04 June 2013, 15:08 »

check the rear axle bush?, they may well be shot.

good shout. I've never changed a bushing before, this could be it!