Author Topic: New GTD review  (Read 21726 times)

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
Re: New GTD review
« Reply #40 on: 07 October 2012, 11:41 »
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 12 October 2012, 07:10 »
How's your car 6 months on?  I've done 8k and it still brings a smile to my face.  I've not mapped it but the exhaust, LED interiors and dial sweep are enough.  I had a stone chip on the screen so that has been replaced.  I've a stone chip on the bumper that seems to be growing so I've got to get that done.  I drove a XF Jag, what a rubbish car in comparison - like driving around in a large jelly! The GTD is THE car with 55+ mph on a run and 45+ mph when I'm hacking it around town.  So much pull, even at high speeds :smiley:
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 12 October 2012, 22:10 »
How's your car 6 months on?  I've done 8k and it still brings a smile to my face.  I've not mapped it but the exhaust, LED interiors and dial sweep are enough.  I had a stone chip on the screen so that has been replaced.  I've a stone chip on the bumper that seems to be growing so I've got to get that done.  I drove a XF Jag, what a rubbish car in comparison - like driving around in a large jelly! The GTD is THE car with 55+ mph on a run and 45+ mph when I'm hacking it around town.  So much pull, even at high speeds :smiley:

WOW! :shocked: 8K already, I shud be driving mine more by the sounds, glad to hear its been a enjoyable 6mnths bar the windscreen :sad:

Yes I wud have to agree with you my experience in the last 6mnths has been fantastic too, I love the pull of the thing it brings a smile to my face every time, my previous cars have been a 1.4 pug and 2 1.5 swifts with only 102hp so the GTD is a totally different animal, I've always wanted a golf ever since I started driving and tbh when I cud finally afford a golf my first love was the R32 but my mrs made me see sense what with the fuel constantly on the rise the GTD ticked all the boxes....the grunt the pull of thing is just great and the return on fuel ain't half bad either, the only bad thing that's happened was a mishap at a McD's drive thro, all I went in for was a latte and I over compensated on the turning and clipped the curb :sad: even tho I've been thro it plenty of times without any probs...I was even more annoyed with myself as when ever(on the rare occasion) that the mrs drove it I banged onto her about being careful!!! No more drive thro's for me well in my car any how... :laugh:

Anyways that wheel has now been refurbed so it's good as new, I brought KennyGTI's Xenons from him when he traded in for a R so the front of the car is how it shud of been from factory, I always used to kick myself every time I saw a fellow GTD/GTI ect with them but no more..... :smiley:

I just got round to changing the boot light to a white led and I have the interior ones on order which will be here next week, the led in the boot has given me so much more light its brighter and crisper I just hope the interior ones are just as good...my next mod will probably be a map but not just yet as I'm still more than happy with 168hp and 258ft.lbs it gives out...
« Last Edit: 12 October 2012, 22:12 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #44 on: 07 December 2012, 21:55 »
I'm happy with the power without a map - although I wonder what it like with one.  It must have been fun retro fitting Xenons.  You'll have to show me a photo...
« Last Edit: 07 December 2012, 22:00 by Cliff_944 »
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 08 December 2012, 20:51 »
 :wink:

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 09 December 2012, 11:06 »
Much improved.... Are they auto levelling, bend round corners like the factory option?
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 10 December 2012, 09:07 »
I'm afraid not but I'm very happy none the less...

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 10 December 2012, 22:54 »
yours look good and the factory ones are silly money.  I didn't order them because of the price but then changed my mind for night driving. 

I was driving back from Dorchester a couple of weekends ago and had to drive through all those floods.  The road was a river in some places.  My front fogs ended up full of water.  I've taken the bulbs out to let air in to dry them put but its taking a long time as its so cold.  A couple more days and they be ok again..
       GerTruDe - The GTD...