Author Topic: New GTD review  (Read 21719 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: New GTD review
« Reply #20 on: 23 March 2012, 20:10 »
You really are MrGTD.  I've order one..... :cool:

:grin: :wink:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 23 March 2012, 20:56 »
Have you found any "GTD Door Sill protectors"?  I cant find any decent ones that befit the quality of the car......
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 23 March 2012, 22:27 »
Have you found any "GTD Door Sill protectors"?  I cant find any decent ones that befit the quality of the car......

Nope, I keep a micro fibre in the glovey so I'm constantly wiping the marks left from people getting in and out...

Did you get hold of Gulf?
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #23 on: 24 March 2012, 08:49 »

Nope, I keep a micro fibre in the glovey so I'm constantly wiping the marks left from people getting in and out...

Strange no one makes nice crome GTD door sills.  I've ordered the seat inserts from Gulf.  I quite like the look of the pedals as they are, so haven't ordered the foot rest.  I also don't want to 'out GTD' Mr GTD  :laugh:

Next is thinking about Towbars....and sorting the insurance....
       GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 24 March 2012, 09:12 »

Strange no one makes nice crome GTD door sills.  I've ordered the seat inserts from Gulf.  I quite like the look of the pedals as they are, so haven't ordered the foot rest.  I also don't want to 'out GTD' Mr GTD  :laugh:

Next is thinking about Towbars....and sorting the insurance....

Yeah I think I'm about done with the GTD badge inside the car, anymore and it wud get to much.....it's just about right now!
I stuck my seat inserts down with 3M tape...

When you get the urge you cud always order the foot plate at a later date... :wink:

Offline Cliff_944

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 30 March 2012, 16:21 »
After GerTruDe's second bath.....  anyone got a trick to keeping those black shadow wheels clean?  :undecided: 

GerTruDe - The GTD...

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2012, 22:02 »
Your GTD just gleams in the sun....

Looking smart mate, sadly don't have any tips on keeping your shadows clean, mine I just wipe round every couple of days but that's just my OCD kicking in :laugh: :grin:

Liking the sig :wink:

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #27 on: 05 April 2012, 14:25 »
After GerTruDe's second bath.....  anyone got a trick to keeping those black shadow wheels clean?  :undecided: 
It is just not possible to stop them getting dirty.

How much time/money do you want to spend?

Quick - keep a microfibre cloth in a plastic bag in the boot and just give them a wipe. Spray the cloth with some quick detailer if you have it.

Too much time on your hands - wash -> dry -> alloy wheel cleaner -> polish -> seal -> tyre shine. Of course this means they wont dirty as fast and it then makes the quick clean really easy. 

You only need to use the alloy wheel cleaner if normal washing does not remove the break dust. Make sure your polish won't whiten the tyre walls. And I prefer to apply the tyre shine by spraying it on a cloth first. Some use tyre shine gel.

Ask in the detailing section and I'm sure someone will have a better way.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 05 April 2012, 14:46 »
anyone got a trick to keeping those black shadow wheels clean?  :undecided: 

don't brake  :grin:

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #29 on: 05 April 2012, 14:46 »