Author Topic: GTD Ordered  (Read 24281 times)

Offline Chillly

• Not said much yet
Re: GTD Ordered
« Reply #20 on: 27 October 2011, 18:24 »
The RCD 510 works great with the parking sensors if you can find the dosh. If you want to upgrade the rcd to rns these guys will take it in part ex :grin: www.satnavsystems.com/ and they come to your house or place of work. Great car mate and the leather and phone prep what a bonus :grin: Althou i like the cloth in Gtd and Gti. Roll on the new year then.

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 27 October 2011, 19:43 »

Welcome to the world of the big black abyss!

Have you got the "supposed" delivery date etched up on the bed post yet?

I reckon it will be the middle of February. Should I drive my Scirocco like a hire car until then? :evil:
2012 MY Golf GTD. Tornado Red, 18" Charlestons, ACC, Xenons, RCD510+DAB, Winter pack

Offline ScottA

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 02 November 2011, 23:35 »
:smiley:

Ordered a Golf GTD today. The spec is as follows

3 door manual
Tornado Red
18" Charlestons
ACC
Xenons
RCD510 c/w DAB
Winter Pack

Delivery probably January/February

I got a wee bit of a discount and 3 year service plan thrown in

It's going to be a long wait

I ordered a Golf GTI in middle of Sept and I'm still waiting for the order to be accepted, please keep us up to date as interested in how long it takes for yours.

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 21 November 2011, 15:31 »
Just had my VW dealer on the phone with an update on the Golf. He tells me it is scheduled to be built in week 48 (next week) so I can expect delivery in early January :) :smiley:
2012 MY Golf GTD. Tornado Red, 18" Charlestons, ACC, Xenons, RCD510+DAB, Winter pack

Offline Mr_F

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 21 November 2011, 16:08 »
Good News!  What's the first things your going to do with her after the initial Ooooohness!
61 Plate GTD 5dr, Shadow Blue, 18" Charleston's, Flat Tyre Indicator, Cruise Control, Bi-xenon (With Dynamic Curve), Storage Pack, Winter Pack and RCD 510.

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 21 November 2011, 20:26 »
Good News!  What's the first things your going to do with her after the initial Ooooohness!

Full paintwork protection probably with Auto Finesse products. I have mild OCD when it comes to keeping my cars clean  :embarassed:

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 15 December 2011, 14:57 »
Just had an update from the dealer. My car is on a ship from Germany due to dock in Newcastle this evening. Things are looking good for me taking delivery of the car next week  :smiley:

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #27 on: 10 January 2012, 20:24 »
Finally picked up my GTD last Friday  :smiley:. It was actually at the dealers on the 22nd December but they couldn't register it due to the DVLA having an extended Christmas break.

1st impressions are good. The Golf seems a more refined than my previous Scirocco and the 170 diesel engine feels very torquey.
« Last Edit: 10 January 2012, 20:26 by andywell »

Offline PenguinGTI

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 11 January 2012, 16:03 »
Piccies?

Congrats on the new car. Good to hear your first impressions are positive  :smiley:

Offline andywell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 11 January 2012, 21:24 »
Piccies?

Congrats on the new car. Good to hear your first impressions are positive  :smiley:

I'll try and get some photos this weekend. I'll need to wash it first though