Author Topic: jon mk3 vr6, daily, mj trim, lows and a 2.8... picture hevavy...  (Read 30082 times)

Offline _redders_

• GTI forum regular
well having owned 3 mk3's in the last 5 years, my latest been a vr that ive owned for nearly 2 years now, i realised i dont have a thread on here, im a long time lurker and dont post that much, but i really should get more involved with this site... so here it is...

its going to be long winded, but here goes, hope you enjoy...

firstly, heres a few pics of my previous mk3's a few of you may remember them, my green 8v and my chilli pearl abf :)

the car saw many guises, trims, wheels, seats etc, but this is how it ended up sataying, unfortunetly, some bellend rear ended me so that one went to heaven

this was my baby for 2 years, did most of the retrim my self, got the pvw feature then a guy bought this one from me, broke it down to it bear bones and then just sold everything :(

so onto the vr...

heres how she looked the day i picked up the vr6, it was immaculate apart from a few tiny bits o rust, but it didnt put me off, low milage, full leather and good looking... this is gonna be pic heavy so bear with me :)

it got some new wings as they were buggered...

after that, i sold the porsche twists and bought something a little special...

i bought a mk5 roof fin, and retrimed the roof lining and pillars in red with cab visors and black handles... i also made a great find and bought a full gti edition recaro trim, with door cards and rear head rests, i spent some time making some one off seat belts using mk4 anni belts with a red pin stripe down the edges...the whole thing looked really oem and suited the car perfect.

i loved the interior and it stayed in there for some time... ;)

i gave the bay a really good clean...

and heres how the car looked at harewood that year, i picked u a trophy too... :)

inbetween then i did a few little things, new filler cap, lookwood dials, some vr6 kick strips from vw and some HID's...

then quite a few things happened...

the breyton wheels got sold,  and i bought another set, the set from the green car in the first pics, i loved them on that one and didnt want to pass up the opportunity to own them again, unfortunetly these only stayed on for about 2 weeks as a pot hole destroyed one big time...

shame because they are awesome wheels, but after putting £450 into the refurb, i couldnt bring my self to out even more money into repairing them, and the highways agency didnt want to know either...

i did a few other bits to the car tho, carbon facia for the clocks, hella all reds, sorted a pair of heated and electric stubbys and polo handles, 2.5" blueflame straight through system, manifold back, ebc drilled and grooved front and rear discs, black diamond pads and braided hoses got done too, with all the bushes, ball joints and tie rods etc, the car felt amazing...

i didnt have the heart to do the wheels again after the damage, so they were sold and got some comps :)

obviously, i had to give them a re polish as they were a little dull... also painted up the calipers and cleaned everything up.

some pics from elsecar...

DROP IT LOW . . . ROLL IT SLOW

Offline _redders_

• GTI forum regular
after id sorted the wheels, i decided i wanted to change all the leds in the car to red... and even made some trick illuminated vent sliders... i used neon wire for the surround back glow on the clocks and as plasma screen for the heater dials... sorry for the sh!te pics...

3.5 cab switch

then i bought a new momo team 280 and hand stitched it red and got a snap off boss, also bought a fast rabbit weight gear knob... feels great in your hand...

then a few little parcels turned up from america, ordered this about 4 weeks ago, after seeing it in elliots pvw mk4, id wanted one ever since... i had to make a custom collar to hold the gator nicely, i used the base from my old knob, cut it off and shaped a 60 degree taper on the inside so the new knob sat perfectly inside it... heres my end results... 

a little pic of the lot all together :D looks good if i do say so my self...

then i got bored of the wheels again and bought these... also managed to get hold of some hella red black reds as you can see in the pics...

those wheels stayed on the car a whole of about 4 weeks and i then got the chance to buy some id been after for some time, so i sold them to my old man for his charged vr and i bought the new wheels, jeep wranglers...

these are the most recent pics before my major update

heres my biggest update yet...!

and the petrol cap recess, i basically back masked it off, stripped it down, keyed it up and gloss blacked it and gave it a layer of lacquer, im chuffed with it, as it just looks so much cleaner, just hope it doesnt look cheap???

car as it stands now....

picked up another trophy at harewood again this year too... although they missplaced my score card and didnt tell me id won... the top ten space on the VW fest site that say TBC is for me :D

i literly just fitted these yesterday... everything is soaked because it was raining lol

so there it is, my car as it stands right now, theres a million things ive done that i have missed, upper and lower vents in the front bumper, custom front lights, red laminx's indicators, laminx'd front lights, 6 branch manifold, 200mm pipercross filter, drop plates, full paint correction, and now the car has some smoked indis and fogs, but dont think ive got pics yet... there is also the full mtx audio install ive done.

a few more from vw fest my mate took...

giving it a wax...

shiney

interior shots

and a few rolling :)

and i just like this one...

[IMG]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff159/_redders_/DSC00191.jpg[/IMG

but let me know what you think, im sure ill see you guys at a few shows :)

cheers, jon

DROP IT LOW . . . ROLL IT SLOW

Offline Dec

• I live here
 :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Not much to say! Its awesome!

Offline GrandMstRamRod

• I live here
like i said on vr6oc dude very nice, like the few extra pics!

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
ey up mate hows tricks... looking nice as usual dude :cool:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline DanChave

• I live here
Very, VERY nice!  :cool:

Offline mellow yellow

• I live here
  • A Driffield Dubber!
you know my thoughts on this jon boi! best mk3 by a country mile, always look forward to seeing what you do next!

Offline tweed

• Forum addict
You are a god to me   
yeah I just said that!  :grin:

you should post more often dude. You know you stuff and could help some of us out.

So you going to charge yours now? 

Untitled by tweedub, on Flickr

Offline murraymint

• I live here
loving all three of your mk3's!!!!!

awesome work! :afro:
josh

95 Mk3 golf 1.6 CL, 96 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 89 Mk2 Jetta GL97 Mk3 golf gti 16v, 99 bora 2ltr se, 83 mk1 golf 1.1, 15 polo 1.2 tsi

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
F*ck me I want that car :drool: :drool:

Makes me miss my mk3 though :cry:

Please keep this thread update on here, I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do to it :cool: