Author Topic: Storm Grey mk3, 5 door GTI 8 valve, project nurburgring on a budget!  (Read 9689 times)

Offline stow1985

• I live here
  • 'when im cleaning winders'
Pass mate,

im going to do this to mine at some point but ive got a 3door so i dont have to worry about rear windows moving,

im sure the suppliers would have a better idea about it!

thought about taking out the spare wheel? or removing the carpet, taking out the sound deadening and refitting the carpet?
GOLF GTI MK3 2LTR 8V-MATT BLACK-WORKHORSE

Window cleaning: www.marcstow.vpweb.co.uk

Offline stow1985

• I live here
Also the aftermarket leads are not just for performance gain but im also trying to colour code/enhance the engine bay at the same time. Red Samco hoses are also on the cards in the future nwhen funds allow. Think I'm going to polish the rocker cover or start it on friday?

still its alot of money for an effect, get some red tape  :laugh: and wrap round the original leads, you going for a shiny rocker cover?

Offline mk3shed_8v

• Not said much yet
All these things I have considered. But also why not just strip the car of all interior rear seats carpet etcetc when it is track day time? Then replace when home, its not exactly a hard job i dont think is it?

First priority is getting the shed MOT'd and on the road as my other motor (BMW 528i schnitzer) is raping the family funds for petrol these days.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Takeing out the sound proofing is a good one. Loads of wieght in there. I took it out my mk3 and av taken it out my mk2. Just gotta burn the tar off the mk2

Offline mk3shed_8v

• Not said much yet
Yeah just gonna make it shiny as i already have metal polish and am crap at painting.

Offline stow1985

• I live here
All these things I have considered. But also why not just strip the car of all interior rear seats carpet etcetc when it is track day time? Then replace when home, its not exactly a hard job i dont think is it?

First priority is getting the shed MOT'd and on the road as my other motor (BMW 528i schnitzer) is raping the family funds for petrol these days.

i was trying to keep it practical  :grin:, but hell go for it, i stripped evrything i didnt 'need' out of my esc-rat and i felt so much quicker.

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Sound proofin is abit hard to replace as some of its tar stuff. But that's just my oppinion

Offline stow1985

• I live here
Yeah just gonna make it shiny as i already have metal polish and am crap at painting.

Nice  :cool:

Offline stow1985

• I live here
Takeing out the sound proofing is a good one. Loads of wieght in there. I took it out my mk3 and av taken it out my mk2. Just gotta burn the tar off the mk2

:angry: got to be done tho

Offline mk3shed_8v

• Not said much yet
Hmmm decisions. Ultimately i know the best modification nbang for buck is stripping out the weight. What I may do is do some times pre stripping i.e 0-60 runs 0-100 runs on a private road obviously. Then strip car and do again? Would make an interesting reference point imo. This is a long way off yet but definately something to consider in the future.