Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2828989 times)

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6300 on: 15 March 2017, 12:44 »
Today I have booked it in for the 7th April for some power runs.

I will have the Stage 2 fitted by then so I'm getting standard & mapped runs to see the difference.

I though you got a DTUK box, are you getting it remapped now instead?

I do have the DTUK box but it's a Stage 2 one. I should be once fitted kicking out around 230-240hp
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6301 on: 15 March 2017, 12:46 »
Fitted the peddle box and I'll be blown over by an angles fart it really is something else. It was a piece of cake to fit, it took longer to open the package that Chris(mcmaddy) sent it in than it took to fit.

I just took the cubby box out and put my hand in through it to fit it, took no more than 2 minutes to fit.

So what setting are currently running..?

I have it on program 2 with 2 green at the moment.

I'm running mine in one orange + 2 green lights...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6302 on: 15 March 2017, 12:47 »
Fitted the peddle box and I'll be blown over by an angles fart it really is something else. It was a piece of cake to fit, it took longer to open the package that Chris(mcmaddy) sent it in than it took to fit.

I just took the cubby box out and put my hand in through it to fit it, took no more than 2 minutes to fit.

So what setting are currently running..?

I have it on program 2 with 2 green at the moment.

How are you finding that setting..? Is to harsh..?

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6303 on: 15 March 2017, 13:04 »

I will have the Stage 2 fitted by then so I'm getting standard & mapped runs to see the difference.

I do have the DTUK box but it's a Stage 2 one. I should be once fitted kicking out around 230-240hp

So is that box different to a CRD3 box?
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6304 on: 15 March 2017, 13:12 »

I think Andrew calls it a CRD3+ box and his website it says 240. I've seen dyno runs too...

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6305 on: 15 March 2017, 13:38 »

I think Andrew calls it a CRD3+ box and his website it says 240. I've seen dyno runs too...

Yeah that the one that connects to 3 different places and the one I'm going to get.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6306 on: 16 March 2017, 06:49 »

Yeah that the one that connects to 3 different places and the one I'm going to get.

I will of course post my dyno graphs once she's been on the rollers....

Offline gabruno

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6307 on: 16 March 2017, 07:47 »
Finally I'm done installing my new bilstein shocks. I chose b14's because I want something that is stiffer than stock yet still comfortable.

Offline mustard

• Here all the time
  • Mk7 R
« Reply #6308 on: 16 March 2017, 14:41 »
Fitted my DTUK Pedal Box to the R, with thanks to Booth for her helpful guide. Looking forward to driving the car later and to see what it feels like. Have it on the lowest setting for now.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #6309 on: 16 March 2017, 15:18 »
Dropped mine off to have the wheel refurbed.

While I was waiting for my bro to pick me up a fella came over to me and compliment my car(he was in a Passat). He asked me what I was in for and obviously I said a refurb to which he said that he had a Porsche in with the same thing a few weeks ago and it took them 3 attempts to get the colour match correct. :shocked:
They did have a look at my wheel before agreeing to undertake the job and said it will be 100% match. The refurb itself

He was a trade customer of there's and just wanted me to be aware. This has obviously made me nervous but I'm willing to give them a chance and besides it might go all ok. (hopefully)

If not they will be re-doing it until it's perfect. I will be inspecting it before I pay of course...but where do I stand if it's not a 100% match..?

The refurb itself is costing £79 and extra £35 for the colour match.

If I refuse to pay surely they will keep my car till I do.

I might be worrying over nothing tbh as it might go perfectly..here's hoping anyway!!

They said that it will more than likely be ready to collect tomoz if not Saturday morn for sure.

Does anyone know the colour code to the SR's please..?

« Last Edit: 16 March 2017, 15:20 by Mr GTD »