Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2781786 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #1050 on: 02 June 2014, 21:40 »
Those wheels look better on the car every time I see them. Looks good sat lower aswell.

I love the prets and they just look even better now

Looking awesome, just saw the pics on AKS FB page and thought it may be your car  :cool:

Alex has doen a greta job on the alignment so it has a bit more turn in

Looks amazing wigit  :cool:

So that's a map and lowering so far, I doubt that's the end of it.  New wheels next?  :wink:

some more vinyl, more boost and a trip to talk brakes planned this week, then a full detail and i will put the TSW i had on the 35 on

Lovin the mirrors and front lip Andy! Really suits it imo, nice drop too. :cool:

way better without the bling and better than the anthracite i tried

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #1051 on: 03 June 2014, 16:51 »
Got to experience the anti-crash functions when an idiot in front of me decided to stop in the middle of the road :angry: Not sure if they were hoping for a crash claim but the Gti red alert kicked in on the dash and the car's anchors slammed on, excellent
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline pjr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1052 on: 03 June 2014, 22:48 »
Tried out the Ultimate Finish snow foam I'd bought recently.  Wasn't planning on washing the car, but a few direct bird poo strikes on the bonnet & drivers side while parked at Tesco had to be removed.  :angry:

Foam didn't seem quite as thick as the Auto Rae Chem stuff I used previously, but it rinsed off easier, and more importantly removed all the crap without any trouble. Thankfully the paintwork was unmarked as I'd cleaned it quickly enough.

While the snow foam is intended as a pre cleaner, it left the car clean enough to not need anything else - and with rain forecast for tomorrow it wasn't worth spending too long cleaning anyway.
Tornado Red Golf GTI 5 Door (220PS) - Discover Nav, Winter Pack, Mudflaps & Service Plan (Built BW11 & collected 5th April 2014)

Spritmonitor Fuel Economy :

Offline Suklpm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1053 on: 06 June 2014, 14:52 »
Sorted out all the album artwork on my SD card.... 10,768 songs organised, filed and with artwork showing..... Bit of a balls ache to be honest but now it's done it's a fantastic jukebox when you put it on "shuffle all songs"!
GTI PP DSG 3 door, Limestone Grey, keyless entry, Discover satnav

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #1054 on: 12 June 2014, 21:15 »
Dropped it of to  a detailed to get some quartz coating stuff put on.

Offline C2K

• Here all the time
  • Northern Monkey
« Reply #1055 on: 13 June 2014, 07:40 »
Pulled a 5" screw out of one of my rear tyres. :'(

Got home to a clicking sound, thought it was a stone (as usual, drive is full of them). 20 mins later i'm standing by the side of the car and notice the tyre completely flat. Cue a frantic wheel change and trip to the tyre shop. Result? Not good... Thanks TPMS, good to know I can rely on you.
5 Door Night Blue GTD
Dynaudio, 19" Santiago Alloys, Adaptive Chassis, Leather Pack, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Bianca White 306 Rallye (Supercharged + Caged) : Melting Silver F54 Mini Clubman Cooper S

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #1056 on: 13 June 2014, 18:01 »
Got my VCDS cable out and activated
DRL and Fog light for coming / leaving home. So much better looking.
Also activated the inner lights on the tailgate as brake lights.

I'm also looking to activate coming home being automatic rather than flashing the light as that's so much better.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Suklpm

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1057 on: 13 June 2014, 18:32 »
Got chipped & cracked windscreen replaced... Last one lasted three weeks!
GTI PP DSG 3 door, Limestone Grey, keyless entry, Discover satnav

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #1058 on: 16 June 2014, 10:00 »
dropped it off for a Gtechniq New Car Protection detail

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #1059 on: 16 June 2014, 11:30 »
Arrived at centreparcs this morning and on a side note you can fit two mountain bikes in a 3 door if you are a couple of dwarfs, luckily I've driven up separate to the rest of family. However strangest thing is that upon getting out my bike I noticed I am minus my left rear car mat, now I can only think that I've taken it out when cleaning and not put it back in and some bellend has picked it up, probably adds 10bhp to a saxo or something. Either way anyone know where I can get ONE rear car mat from or fancy selling me one of theirs :smiley:
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG