Author Topic: Polo 1.4 16v for the mrs...............  (Read 4089 times)

Offline Amzy-Bear

• Here all the time
Re: Polo 1.4 16v for the mrs...............
« Reply #20 on: 13 February 2010, 21:40 »
Looks really nice mate, looks alot better without the tack, saw that advertised on clubpolo.
:D

Offline Toby

• I live here
  • Car - less
« Reply #21 on: 13 February 2010, 23:09 »
My friend has a 1.4 cl goes ok but I like these , 100hp goodenoughhh I may look in to this for insurance perposes :) bice lookin motor mate

A real 304bhp 286lbft in a mk4 golf!

Currently down under

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #22 on: 14 February 2010, 08:22 »
my missus mum had one of these, just watch out for the gearbox they do go pop! :smiley:
mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #23 on: 14 February 2010, 11:12 »
nice little cars these! perfect car for the missus, as like you said, its like a second car for you :lipsrsealed: :cool:

i saw one of these track specced a while back, had schrick cams and exhaust/filter, etc and stripped out with buckets and a cage and a decent set of coilies. claimed at 120bhp. i would say a fun little car!

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 14 February 2010, 12:28 »
I had a Polo 6n. Great car, really good to drive and the seats were very comfy and supportive even on long journeys.
It was a Dragon Green 1.4 8v, so only 75bhp I think, but plenty nippy round town and even on the motorways.
It's true about the gearbox though, ours went. It started with jumping out of 5th gear every so often, then eventually it wouldn't go into 5th at all. Apparently 5th gear is the first one to show signs of a dying box. Be warned, a brand new box from VW was £1k, or around £700 from Mr Clutch.
I'm told that these gear boxes are the same ones as the lower end Mk3 Golf ones, which suffer the same problems.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
« Reply #25 on: 14 February 2010, 15:41 »
same as what i got for my missus, great little cars! i prefer hers to my 1.9D polo alot nippier!

Shadies MK3 is nippier than your Polo  :tongue:

Looks a tidy little motor  :cool:  Learned to drive in a Polo though that was the 1.0 litre version  :sad:  Slow can't really describe it........

Is it really  :shocked:

Only in that it rusts faster  :tongue:

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
« Reply #26 on: 14 February 2010, 17:21 »
same as what i got for my missus, great little cars! i prefer hers to my 1.9D polo alot nippier!

Shadies MK3 is nippier than your Polo  :tongue:

Looks a tidy little motor  :cool:  Learned to drive in a Polo though that was the 1.0 litre version  :sad:  Slow can't really describe it........

Is it really  :shocked:

Only in that it rusts faster  :tongue:

:grin: :grin:

Offline golf-sib

• I live here
  • Турботазик
« Reply #27 on: 14 February 2010, 21:05 »
Wait till the gearbox crumples. My 1.0 lost the reverse gear, just went forward as for the 1.4 usual symptoms mentioned.

I had the 1.0 and the 1.4, biggest money pot ever wasted, speed wise they ok, but the handling and suspension is terrible IMO, gearbox and throttle are the most common problem. Worst 2 cars ever owned in my life from experience, don't know why I got it again 2nd time round though. Hopefully the one you got has better luck than mine did.

Audi TT - K04 TFSI Hybrid - 325BHP
VW Golf - k03 AGU - 200BHP

1.8T AGU..
R135
╚╬╬╝

My Chinese Bike project: http://xtrsproject.wordpress.com/