Author Topic: Scott's Mk2 Golf GTI - 51k mile Alpine White Run Out Model  (Read 30990 times)

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
Re: Scott's Mk2 Golf GTI - 51k mile Alpine White Run Out Model
« Reply #30 on: 10 April 2012, 16:54 »
Cheers lads, good to know people can appreciate what im doing to it. As someone has mentioned before some die hard gti lovers don't agree with me molesting it with goodies haha

Offline Seth

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #31 on: 12 April 2012, 21:21 »
Sweet mk2 mate white is one of the best colours on the mk2 I reckon and it's only bolt on stuff, it's not like ur hacking at the bodywork is it? Keep up the good work
AKA VEEDUBJUNKY

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 27 April 2012, 13:25 »
Cheers Seth, thats it exactly!

Progress is slow at the minute, it was my girlfriends birthday this month, its insurance next month and i'm doing allot of miles in the 32 at the moment so thats not cheap  :grin:

I'm hoping to find some money next month to have the wheels powdercoated so i can get them built back up!

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #33 on: 27 April 2012, 14:02 »
hey scott never new you were on here

cars looking sweet mate love the rims

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 27 April 2012, 14:28 »
Now then Rob, same here, hadnt recognised anyone yet! Stumbled upon this forum when doing some google research, its class for information.

Cheers, im abit out of love with the wheels at the moment, need to get motivated again and get them sorted. It's all money though isnt it haha

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
Smallest update ever but I went back to standard airbox and panel filter. Spent far more time than I should have done cleaning the airbox up mind :laugh: just wanted a more oem look and also spent more time cleaning the bay up.

Stainless shortened valves showed up for the rs's so thought it'd be rude not to piece a wheel together:

The centre nuts and dishes have had a few layers of sealant on them after Matty was a polishing legend. Need to pull my finger out (and find a money tree) to get new badges and nuts and get centres and barrels done.

As always other things have popped up, insurance this month and 32 servicing the next. Still need to get the arches done on the 32 as well (some day soon deejay haha) :doh:

Offline Roverdose

• Here all the time
  • So long and thanks for all the fish!
2 gorgeous cars there, esp the mk2, keep it up  :cool:

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
Thankyou buddy. I'm trying to pull the powdercoating forward and get them built up

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
Another small part I've been meaning to get for ages is the drivers kick plate. The one on the car looks abit discoloured and had a crack in it. Found a mint one on eBay with a buy it now, so snapped it up. A tatty one with no clips went higher on price in auction the other day :/ I picked it up from my weekend work today:

It looks like new, not a mark on it or the clips so I'm happy with that. Just need to find two seat belt guide covers now as they appear to be missing off the front seat belts, then I'm happy with the interior. Can see in this picture the original kick plate:

It's not insured again but won't be taxing it until July probably as I want to get these wheels done and new tyres for them. I may give it before then though as I love driving it :laugh:

On the look out for some new centercaps, same as the above, if anyone spots any :)

Offline scott-o

• GTI forum regular
Thanks lads. Couple of small, some may say boring, updates haha

Just ordered some new centre caps, the same as what I did have but new :D bit of a ball ache finding some but ended up having to order from Germany. Nearly all the Rs/rm caps are discontinued now except the carbon and black ones. Also ordered 120 12 point m7 nuts from Germany too for when the wheels get built back up, miles cheaper over there!

Also got two covers for the seatbelt guides on the front as they were missing:

Fitted the new kickplate too, old one:

New one fitted:

Had my new mats in the boot so fitted them too:

Much better! Got a couple of snaps of things I've not been able to before because of darkness etc so overall shot now with a good shot of the wheel:

Carpet turret covers I swapped over awhile back: