Author Topic: Mk2 16v Turbo Full car rebuild  (Read 40664 times)

Offline Sam

• I live here
  • Sam I am
Re: Mk2 16v Turbo Full car rebuild
« Reply #30 on: 03 October 2011, 10:14 »
When was yours built caistor?

I originally built this in the late 90's, so wondering who's the older sister!  :grin:

1996  :cool: Its the first ever with the full injector set rather than a single comming off the cold start. The original Stealth Racing demo car

The entire world is a Money Pit, you just have to pick yours.

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #31 on: 03 October 2011, 18:24 »
That's looking good mate, keep up the good work. Always nice to see someone keeping up the resto on their car.

You don't own a Mk2, you support it.

Offline tomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 03 October 2011, 18:59 »
Well Caistor mine is just going to have to be the fit younger sister then!!!  :grin:

Thanks for the comments Soundillusion and Neo Badness, good to know there's some interest in the build....

My latest mission is trying to find a replacement metal fuel pipe to replace the one that has split under the car, if anyone has one I'm interested....

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #33 on: 03 October 2011, 19:02 »

My latest mission is trying to find a replacement metal fuel pipe to replace the one that has split under the car, if anyone has one I'm interested....

I'm always interested in 16vT's :evil:

Would Pirtek not be able to sort be able you out?

Offline tomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 03 October 2011, 19:15 »
Just had a look at the Pirtek catalogue, if I have to go that route then I will, however, it would be much much quicker and easier just to get a decent used pipe.

If I could buy the pipe off the shelf then it would be on order already!

At the moment I have a fully rebuilt engine and turbo and I can't start it due to a massive fuel leak, grrrr

Offline Neo Badness

• I live here
  • Feet are for pedals
« Reply #35 on: 04 October 2011, 13:22 »
Just had a look at the Pirtek catalogue, if I have to go that route then I will, however, it would be much much quicker and easier just to get a decent used pipe.

If I could buy the pipe off the shelf then it would be on order already!

At the moment I have a fully rebuilt engine and turbo and I can't start it due to a massive fuel leak, grrrr

Absolutely, if OEM is better then obviously you'll want to go for that. I might know a person who can sort out s/s fitting to your spec' for not a huge amount. This would last longer than OEM, seeing as you're never selling the car :smiley:

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #36 on: 04 October 2011, 17:33 »
I have loads of interest in this ive just been hiding in the shaddows for more piccies  :drool:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline tomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 04 October 2011, 19:57 »
Hey Neo, definitely interested in the fitting, not sure exactly what the ends are though! I am really struggling to find this pipe, its killing me not being able to start the car after rebuilding everything.

What are people's thoughts on this, I got this reply from a seller on ebay:

Hello mate
Right, looks like your fuel pipes have been joined at some point during your cars life as those nipple joiners aren't original. The pipes that run from the engine bay are one piece and the only join is in the engine bay. Looks like the pipe you need is the black pipe which runs from the fuel filter to the metering head in the engine bay, just check that when it gets to the engine bay it should connect into a piece of black rubber pipe about a foot long with a banjo on the end of it. Check out item no. 120786827074 in my ebay shop and it should be the black pipe you need, if thats all you need i should be able to sell you just the black pipe although i usually sell them in pairs.
Hope this helps,

I am fairly certain that the pipes haven't been joined although I could be wrong...

Cheers tech, I'll try and keep the pics coming...
« Last Edit: 04 October 2011, 20:01 by tomp »

Offline tech1889

• Serious forum addict
  • Mk2 GTI FTW !!
« Reply #38 on: 04 October 2011, 20:14 »
Pm X4MGS he breaks a lot of mk2's and he's a great guy   :wink:
Mk4 Golf GTI anniversary and mk6 golf tdi :)

Offline tomp

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 04 October 2011, 20:23 »
Thanks tech I have sent him a pm, fingers crossed..
« Last Edit: 04 October 2011, 20:34 by tomp »