Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2796009 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10350 on: 07 June 2020, 00:00 »
When I first considered a TCR I specced it in grey with standard suspension and wheels thinking I’d add my own 19’s (and just happened to have a set of immaculate Pretorias and almost new PS4S on my Ed40 which I’d swap over).
At the time the finances didn’t add up (kids!) so I ended up buying a 5 month old heavily specced one much later in the year for lots less money owing mostly to a cracking part-Ex deal.
Hindsight says...

... having said that I really rate the TCR as a drivers car and for how it looks but I still wonder whether a different path should have been chosen (M135i? RS3? Kept the Ed40 and tuned it?)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10351 on: 10 June 2020, 18:36 »
GTI had its second annual service (only a month late). Been waiting for my chosen dealership to reopen its service department and that happened only recently and I managed to book a slot.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #10352 on: 13 June 2020, 22:17 »
Hi. Today I changed the footrest on my 2018 GTI to a rubber and metal one that matches the  two pedals on my DSG. Looks better. See my post on a previous how to guide re footrests, if interested.   :cool:

« Last Edit: 14 June 2020, 00:04 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10353 on: 16 June 2020, 13:03 »
Took mine for it's first service, a little late time wise but at only 4300 miles, not a problem. Was quite impressed with the effort the dealer has gone to to ensure a relaxed environment with regard to social distancing. It was a while you wait appointment so I had a look around the few cars on the forecourt, one of which was a MK8...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #10354 on: 16 June 2020, 14:01 »
Took mine for it's first service, a little late time wise but at only 4300 miles, not a problem. Was quite impressed with the effort the dealer has gone to to ensure a relaxed environment with regard to social distancing. It was a while you wait appointment so I had a look around the few cars on the forecourt, one of which was a MK8...

What did they have in place out of interest?  Can you get in to the cars in the showroom etc? 
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10355 on: 16 June 2020, 14:21 »

What did they have in place out of interest?  Can you get in to the cars in the showroom etc?

There was a one way system through the showroom, enter at the front where they used to have cars, that area only had a few seats while you waited, the two sales desks had big screens to seperate you from the sales staff and at the back they had standing height desks with screens to speak with the service staff. When I handed over my keys the first thing was to liberally spray them with a cleaner. I was watching them returning the cars from servicing them and they were cleaning all the door handles, there were seat and steering wheel covers too. The only cars to look at were s/h parked outside (except for the solitary MK8).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10356 on: 16 June 2020, 14:29 »
I had our two cars serviced at Corkhill's VW in Wigan a week ago, and like Watts I was quite impressed about how they went about this.

They gave us a drop off time slot +- 10 minutes, to limit the number of people in the dealership building at any given time. There were also antibacterial wipes and spray on a table just inside the door.

They opened the secondary door (that's usually closed) as a one way "In only" entrance, with markings on the floor directing you safely to the reception desk as well as service reception. All staff were wearing gloves and masks. The usual entrance was an "Out" only.

At service reception, there were the 2m symbols on the floor (although we were the only ones at service at this time), and you were asked to wait until called though. The service staff desk's were encased on 3 sides with high perspex (to protect them and us).

The technicians (who when they come to the car are also wearing gloves and a mask), put in paper covers over the floors, covers over the seat, and even a steering wheel cover.

On collection we were told that all the cars surfaces (steering wheel - even though it had been covered), door handles, gear lever etc. had been wiped down with antibacterial spray, and a small bottle left in the car.

Given that due to social distancing, not all the service staff are in the workshops, and so they are still a bit short staffed, I was pretty impressed with the attention to detail. All the more amazing is that this was a VW main dealer  :D  - although to be fair Corkhill's have always given us very good service.
« Last Edit: 16 June 2020, 14:32 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #10357 on: 17 June 2020, 13:24 »
Sounds good!

Wondered how they would handle things.  I guess so many different things to consider for them - even as random as can the clean an alcantara steering wheel like a normal leather one...
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline pixelcellar

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10358 on: 17 June 2020, 14:57 »
After finally getting my mk7.5 delivered yesterday I've manage to get the set of Brescia's with PilotSports I bought back in March fitted today. Only did about 20 miles in it yesterday but the grip in the 3 miles home on the new wheels/tyres over stock was noticeable. What wasn't noticable was any extra noise etc and didn't feel any worse handling wise either which was great.

I've a few little mods to make over the next few weeks, already done my Skoda washer fluid cap and armrest insert, going to be changing the footwell led's to red and add a chrome/rubber footrest too (all ordered and awaiting delivery).

Deliberating a Maxton diffuser but wondering whether to do all the lower bits, front, sides as well as the rear so it all matches fully. Bit more cost but could be worth it.

Other than that, it's going into the detailers on Friday to get a full clean down and ceramic coating/polished up so will do some pics once I get it back on Monday as they've kindly agreed to do it over the weekend!

Anyone got any other mod ideas? I still want it to look subtle, so not going to change exhausts etc for now and they're not cheap either!!
2024 - Current: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi TCR 286bhp, 5dr, Pure Grey, 7spd DSG, 19" Oz Ultraleggera HLT Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Side Assist, Rear View Camera
2020 - 2024: 2019 Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 245bhp, 3dr, Deep Black Pearl, 6spd Manual, 19" Brescia Alloys, Park Assist, Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA, Rear View Camera
2017 - 2020: 2017 Mk5 Polo GTi 190bhp, 3dr, Metallic Black, 6spd Manual, 17" Santiago Alloys

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10359 on: 17 June 2020, 15:53 »
The Audi 12v socket cover is a nice cheap little interior upgrade. About a fiver from a main dealer.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.