Author Topic: Possible 2012 VW Golf VII Design Model Caught in Promo Video?  (Read 4597 times)

Offline Hairy Porter

• GTI forum regular
Re: Possible 2012 VW Golf VII Design Model Caught in Promo Video?
« Reply #10 on: 01 October 2009, 00:01 »
Why are people going on about 2012 delivery for the new golf? Not going to happen in a MILLION YEARS. The MKVI will run for 4year minimum

As if, it's only a mid life cycle facelift. MKVII is due in the showrooms late 2011.

Nick

Although i would argue that the design shown is only a slight facelift on the mk6.

Going down your lease looser option it will be Mk7 TDi for you  :sick:

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 01 October 2009, 08:03 »
Why are people going on about 2012 delivery for the new golf? Not going to happen in a MILLION YEARS. The MKVI will run for 4year minimum

As if, it's only a mid life cycle facelift. MKVII is due in the showrooms late 2011.

Nick

Although i would argue that the design shown is only a slight facelift on the mk6.

Going down your lease looser option it will be Mk7 TDi for you  :sick:

Beats depreciation hands down, and means I get a new car every 2yrs so its just fine for me.

I would never go down the diesel route... the gti is a stop gap to a v6 or v8.

Offline GlennQuagmire

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 01 October 2009, 12:23 »
So MKVI will only live 2009-2011?? Sounds lika a poor tooling investment from VW. My -07 GTI is just paid for and I want to get a new one, but if there is a new one within two years?? I'd better make some calls and get this confirmed.
Got MSN also if u need to contact me

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #13 on: 02 October 2009, 23:11 »

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Volkswagen-Golf-Mk7-mule-2012-spied/

"Thanks to worldwide recession, Mk6 Golf sales are down 60,000 units in the first two quarters of 2009. But rather than speeding up the introduction of the Mk7 Golf, the downturn means Volkswagen will squeeze an extra few months out of the current car"

Still, looks like it'll be out in about 3 years' time.
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #14 on: 02 October 2009, 23:25 »

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/Secret-new-cars/Search-Results/Spyshots/Volkswagen-Golf-Mk7-mule-2012-spied/

"Thanks to worldwide recession, Mk6 Golf sales are down 60,000 units in the first two quarters of 2009. But rather than speeding up the introduction of the Mk7 Golf, the downturn means Volkswagen will squeeze an extra few months out of the current car"

Still, looks like it'll be out in about 3 years' time.

Down 60,00 units yet they still take around 3 months from order to delivery for 1 car.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #15 on: 02 October 2009, 23:31 »
most likely only the GTI has a waiting list.  the cooking models are prob down massively.
Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #16 on: 02 October 2009, 23:40 »
most likely only the GTI has a waiting list.  the cooking models are prob down massively.

Ah ok.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline chungE

• Not said much yet
  • No, I don't want to race you.
« Reply #17 on: 03 October 2009, 00:27 »
More MKVII info. New platform undergoing testing and rumour of appearance date.
http://www.worldcarfans.com/109093022110/vw-test-mules-spied-golf-vii-and-bluesport-coupe

Thats some massive arches!!
Candy White MK5 GTi ED30. No Mods.

Offline orca

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 05 October 2009, 23:09 »
A couple "exclusive" pics from AutoExpress:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/243025/vw_golf_mkvii_exclusive_pics.html

Looks pretty sleek.  Much better than the standard MkVI.

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 06 October 2009, 07:50 »
doesnt look that different to the mk6 tbh :undecided:

whats slightly strange about those pics is that the rear end shot shows the gti... which usually isnt available straight away :huh:

anyone else think they have stolen those rear lights from something in the bmw range :rolleyes: :lipsrsealed: