Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2792371 times)

Offline GatsbyIII

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3170 on: 20 October 2015, 09:04 »
Looks great Gatsby! Loving all these black 3 doors.

Thanks Flim. Definitely feel like I made the right colour/model choice.
Current: 2015 MK VII GTi Performance/Nav 3Dr Manual | Pearlescent Black | Dynaudio | Sunroof | Parking Pack | Keyless | Rear Privacy Glass 90%

Offline GatsbyIII

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3171 on: 20 October 2015, 09:06 »
Looking good Gatsby! The rear privacy glass really sets it off.

Cheers Bungleaio. I am loving this car so far. Went for a(nother) drive in the dark last night just to play with the cornering lights. I'm easily pleased  :grin: :grin:
Current: 2015 MK VII GTi Performance/Nav 3Dr Manual | Pearlescent Black | Dynaudio | Sunroof | Parking Pack | Keyless | Rear Privacy Glass 90%

Offline stuart.cameron

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3172 on: 20 October 2015, 09:53 »
Looks good with the shortened plates! Maybe you should take of the black plastic surround on the front?

Cheers mate, I would love to get rid of the plinth from the front of the car, I tried to order it without but they are fitted like that at the factory. The plinth has 5 mounting positions so they will need filling and painting over, the dealer offered to do this (at a cost) but I thought I would wait until I've picked up a few stone chips and get it done then.

Until then it doesn't look too bad, the front plate is actually full size so that it fills the plinth but only the minimal area of white is shown. The previous picture doesn't show that all that well but it looks alright in the metal.

Another go at the front bumper to remove the swirls required!

I see what you mean, I removed mine after I hit a deer and cracked it but totally forgot about the holes!
Current // Golf GTD 3dr DSG - Carbon Grey | Discovery Nav Pro, Keyless Entry, Park Assist, Reverse Camera, Winter Pack
Previous // Polo GTI 6r - Black | Xenons, MFSW, Winter Pack, Sensor Pack, Convenience Pack, Climate Control, RNS 510 w/Bluetooth

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #3173 on: 20 October 2015, 20:29 »
Got her a Gloss-it Evo Quartz Ceramic Coat for her 2nd birthday.......

MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3174 on: 20 October 2015, 21:31 »
^^^

Wow, that looks stunning. The GTD is such a good looking car :cool: :cool: :cool:

I love Carbon Grey, looks like mercury.  My favourite colour after Deep Black Pearl.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3175 on: 20 October 2015, 21:33 »
I do love GTDs in grey. The best looking Performance golf imo and it's the only one I haven't owned....
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.

Offline dean5i

• Just got here
« Reply #3176 on: 20 October 2015, 21:52 »
I do really like carbon Grey.

I wish it was available on the R it would have been my first choice with mine.
Golf 7R DSG 5dr | Lapiz Blue | prets | keyless | winter pack | rear camera | APR stage 1 362 bhp | Milltek cat back with black tips | sparco spacers 12mm front 16mm rear

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #3177 on: 24 October 2015, 18:25 »
Prepared a full set of OEM 'Dijon' 17" with winter tyres to go on the car tomorrow - sealed the wheels with Gyeon Q2 Rim quartz coating, so will be good to see how easy they are to keep clean in the next few months

Wheel design is unremarkable in 17" sensible size for winter use, but would look very smart as a 19", as imagined here :)

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3178 on: 24 October 2015, 18:30 »
Prepared a full set of OEM 'Dijon' 17" with winter tyres to go on the car tomorrow - sealed the wheels with Gyeon Q2 Rim quartz coating, so will be good to see how easy they are to keep clean in the next few months

Wheel design is unremarkable in 17" sensible size for winter use, but would look very smart as a 19", as imagined here :)

They're 99% Scirocco Lugano alloys once you stretch them to look 19"  :nerd:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline remlapeel

• I live here
« Reply #3179 on: 24 October 2015, 19:15 »
Washed, decontaminated and sealed the paintwork ready for winter. Contemplating some winter wheels, but looked at the OEM wheels and they are a four figure number, I'm not sure I can justify it, especially as I don't like the look
2015 MK7 Golf R 3 door, DSG, lapiz blue, 19" wheels, winter pack, keyless entry, dynaudio and high beam assist.