Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 653215 times)

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2400 on: 12 February 2015, 21:20 »
Did they lift any good prints? Hopefully they will catch them.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2401 on: 12 February 2015, 21:32 »
Hoovered out lots of glass.  Jeez it gets everywhere. My seats looked like they had glitter on them with all the really fine pieces.

Also cleaned off all of the aluminium oxide from the finger print guy so interior is looking tidy again albeit with a big cubby hole in the dash at the moment.

Glass being fitted tomorrow then back to some form of normality  :smiley:

Buck, glad to hear things getting back to normal and I bet it was good to get it cleaned up again.  I fear you'll be finding minuscule fragments of glass for a while to come though, messy stuff.

Hope they have some success catching the little scroats. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #2402 on: 12 February 2015, 22:31 »
Did they lift any good prints? Hopefully they will catch them.

Unfortunately no prints - police think they had gloves on and he said its nigh on impossible to get prints off the interior.  :sad:

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #2403 on: 12 February 2015, 22:45 »

Buck, glad to hear things getting back to normal and I bet it was good to get it cleaned up again.  I fear you'll be finding minuscule fragments of glass for a while to come though, messy stuff.

Hope they have some success catching the little scroats.

Thanks Booth. Cleaning it out was like therapy!  I don't mind a few hoovering sessions as I keep finding glass fragments. My worry is some bits of glass left in the door after the glass is replaced. (Fingers crossed that the window guy is good at hoovering :))

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2404 on: 12 February 2015, 22:52 »
Do you mean glass down in the window cavity in the door?  Don't want new glass getting scratched every time you open/close window.  You need something like a air line down there to blast it out, or a fine suction tube. Surely glass guy will come well equipped  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 February 2015, 22:56 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #2405 on: 12 February 2015, 23:58 »
Do you mean glass down in the window cavity in the door?  Don't want new glass getting scratched every time you open/close window.  You need something like a air line down there to blast it out, or a fine suction tube. Surely glass guy will come well equipped  :smiley:

I'm hoping he has all the gear too!

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2406 on: 13 February 2015, 13:55 »
He will use his hoover :smiley:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #2407 on: 13 February 2015, 21:47 »
Cars now nice and clean! However a full set of discs and pads will be needed v shortly. Can anyone tell me how much I should be paying?
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2408 on: 14 February 2015, 14:14 »
Gave it a really good clean in and out.  Probably the dirtiest it's ever been inside, thanks to lots of site visits with colleagues who stick their muddy feet all over the place  :angry:

Nice and tidy now.  Also checked oil and coolant, topped up screen wash and air in tyres ready for a trip up north.
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline chris1h

• Here all the time
  • MK6 GTI BLACK 3 DOOR
« Reply #2409 on: 14 February 2015, 16:40 »
Gave it a really good clean in and out.  Probably the dirtiest it's ever been inside, thanks to lots of site visits with colleagues who stick their muddy feet all over the place  :angry:

Nice and tidy now.  Also checked oil and coolant, topped up screen wash and air in tyres ready for a trip up north.

weather up here is pants so the cars going to get manky again :whistle:  give mine the exact same treatment today.

Snowfoam
wash
dry
detailing spray

Leather treatment (spray)
hoover
Top up of oil
top up of windscreen washer
Tyre gloss
inside glass cleaner

Jobs a good un!   :laugh: :laugh:
MK6 GTI - 2011 - PEARL BLACK - 3 DOOR  - 18" MONZA SHADOWS  -  RNS510/DAB  -  ACC  - SUNROOF  -  WINTER PACK  - DYNAUDIO  -  VIENNA LEATHER  - PARKING SENSORS  - BLUETOOTH