Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654480 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2100 on: 02 December 2014, 19:24 »
Got annoyed enough by the rattle to book it in for investigation and a Winter Check  :smiley:

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #2101 on: 04 December 2014, 16:57 »
Busy week...

Put my winter tyres on then,
Full service
Brake Fluid Change
New Brake pads all round
Cambelt change
MOT

...expensive week

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2102 on: 06 December 2014, 18:39 »
Had the indicators fixed for free, and by the seem of it been rallying ... I know tomorrows job ...

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2103 on: 06 December 2014, 19:51 »
Had the indicators fixed for free, and by the seem of it been rallying ... I know tomorrows job ...

Good result with your indicators  :cool:

If it's any consolation mine's as dirty as yours and only washed a week ago, and no rallying, well, not off-road anyway, lol  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2104 on: 06 December 2014, 19:56 »

Good result with your indicators  :cool:

If it's any consolation mine's as dirty as yours and only washed a week ago, and no rallying, well, not off-road anyway, lol  :wink:

I know, only took them 2 hours to replace both parts, and they listened when I said don't clean it for me....

Its the time of year I guess, can't get away from it, hope it stays warm enough for a coat of winter wax. If not, it will be a January clean i guess, if i can hold out that long!

Offline ttdan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2105 on: 06 December 2014, 20:23 »
Winters went on this morning. Typically I hit a huge pothole on the way home yesterday and have dinked my immacculate 19's.  :angry:

Pic from last year which was as mild as you like in the South, had more frosts in the last week than we did all last winter.

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2106 on: 06 December 2014, 21:34 »

I think the gti looks good when it's being a bit dirty :evil:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
« Reply #2107 on: 06 December 2014, 22:45 »

I think the gti looks good when it's being a bit dirty :evil:

I think you are right at this time of year it does suit them. And the summer they have to be immaculate.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2108 on: 06 December 2014, 23:19 »
The external winter dirt doesn't bother me, it's all the crap that gets inside that's a pain.  My driver's footwell is permanently filled with leaves in winter, I hate a dirty interior.  Except the car boot  which is my dirty little secret  :embarrassed:  it's filled with mud encrusted rigger boots, wellies, waterproofs and all manner of rubbish, and an economy sized bottle of quick detailer  :wink:  the car equivalent of the 'man drawer'  :wink:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2109 on: 06 December 2014, 23:22 »
Winters went on this morning. Typically I hit a huge pothole on the way home yesterday and have dinked my immacculate 19's.  :angry:

Pic from last year which was as mild as you like in the South, had more frosts in the last week than we did all last winter.

Nice set of winters.  Opportunity to get it refurbed whilst your winters are on?
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual