Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 654158 times)

Offline VWhitehawk

• GTI forum regular
  • Candy White 2009 GTI
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #2000 on: 19 October 2014, 18:56 »
Finally after nearly 2 months found the time to get her cleaned. I must have been busy or ill or something I never normally leave it that long, and she has never looked better!!

We'll I hope it stays dry for you so you can revel in her new found cleanliness  :smiley:

Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was raining this morning, couldn't be arsed to clean it today. Rain stopped but I took a nap instead.

I was going to put it off again, but my hangover wasn't as bad as i expected so I couldn't use that as an excuse.

Its now in the garage all clean and I'm glad it is, the brown tide look wasn't really working.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2001 on: 19 October 2014, 19:14 »
All this BMW talk has got me thinking about a 2 Series Active Tourer as a Golf alternative.

Instead of a T5 or as well as?

I've put the T5 idea on the back burner for the time being. My wifes brothers ex wifes husband has just traded his van for a Passat estate like mine, so I've sort of gone off the idea. It was a bit of a frivolous one. He was not enamored with the service he got from VW, saying he was always treated far better at BMW, which got me thinking. I wasn't best pleased with them when my Passat was serviced at a different dealership recently either.

I had to drive the Golf the other day, and really disliked it's unnecessary amount of pedals, so got me thinking that it might be time to change it soon. After all, whats the point in working hard if we can't enjoy the fruits of our labours?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline J400uk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2002 on: 19 October 2014, 19:21 »
Parked it next to some other Golf diesels. That was about the highlight of the weekend for the car :grin:

2015 Golf GTD 2.0 TDI 184 PS 6-speed DSG 5 Door Tornado Red

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #2003 on: 19 October 2014, 19:49 »
Parked it next to some other Golf diesels. That was about the highlight of the weekend for the car :grin:

Reminds of a pic I took ages ago of my old Alfa parked next to another (mine's the cleaner one  :wink:) Exact same model, colour, trim, age, wheels, interior and we even both had a bottle of Fanta in the cupholder bizarrely!

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2004 on: 19 October 2014, 20:47 »
My wifes brothers ex wifes husband...

Do you remember all these convoluted family connections by their car preferences.  Impressive.

After all, whats the point in working hard if we can't enjoy the fruits of our labours?

Yes, cover the important stuff first and enjoy the rest while you can.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2005 on: 19 October 2014, 22:08 »
Breathed a sigh of relief when I saw it was raining this morning, couldn't be arsed to clean it today. Rain stopped but I took a nap instead.

What have you done with Rebecca?!!!  :shocked:

You can mock  :grin:  It was car washing versus a doze on sofa island.  Sofa island won.  It's been a long and stressful few months with little end in sight, and sometimes you've just got to give in to apathy   :undecided:

Maybe I give the tail pipes a wipe over in the morning....tart it up for the week ahead  :grin:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2006 on: 20 October 2014, 18:19 »

What have you done with Rebecca?!!!  :shocked:

You can mock  :grin:  It was car washing versus a doze on sofa island.  Sofa island won.  It's been a long and stressful few months with little end in sight, and sometimes you've just got to give in to apathy   :undecided:

Maybe I give the tail pipes a wipe over in the morning....tart it up for the week ahead  :grin:
you chillax or what ever the in people say booth 11 more to life than keeping your car clean I have no choice but the back finally had its op so onwards and upwards you take care of yourself hope hubby is on the mend and yes give them pesky tailpipes a wipe  :wink:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #2007 on: 20 October 2014, 18:22 »

Reminds of a pic I took ages ago of my old Alfa parked next to another (mine's the cleaner one  :wink:) Exact same model, colour, trim, age, wheels, interior and we even both had a bottle of Fanta in the cupholder bizarrely!

nothing wrong with a good old golf diesel looks like the golf club car park mind you the Alfas look tasty  :laugh:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #2008 on: 20 October 2014, 18:56 »
was yesterday, just forgot to post  :grin:

Devil is in the details

:smiley:

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #2009 on: 20 October 2014, 19:11 »
That has to be the best value mod you can do  :cool:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.