Author Topic: seat bolsters  (Read 2224 times)

Offline richie2480

• GTI forum regular
seat bolsters
« on: 11 June 2004, 22:25 »
Heres one for you guys. my right hand driver seat bolster has finally worn through. is there a quick fix method to sort it. If not can anyone recommend a place to go I live in the Milton Keynes area.  Thanks

Offline lowgolf

• Here all the time
Re:seat bolsters
« Reply #1 on: 16 June 2004, 13:07 »
and somewhere in the cheshire area  ???
<br /><br />Yeah!!!

Offline 8valvesgood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 21 July 2004, 00:29 »
you may have sorted it by now.

if its the foam bolster thats gone, take one off a golf passenger seat down the scrap yards, chances are there will be a golf driver, gti or a scirroco that will have the bolster, if the material is not damaged you can easily lift the cover off and insert the new bolster either that or pack the hole in the bolster with foam, and tap this with a fabric tape, although this wont be a lasting fix. scarpyards charge peanuts for bolsters. ?2 i was charged.
You can't polish a turd

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
« Reply #3 on: 22 July 2004, 15:59 »
You can seperate the set back from the base, if you can find a passenger one the same fabric as yours in good nick from a 5 door, just swap it in.  If you have a 3 door you can make a cut in the side and fit the latch, all seats have the til mech inside regardless of 3/5 door fitment.  Or not bother and make the passenger get out to let people in the back ;)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

Offline Slimmedmk2

• I live here
  • Slammedmk2`s Back!
« Reply #4 on: 22 July 2004, 20:18 »
Or buy my nearly perfect late mk2 3 door interior ;)Where do you live,as i live in MK ?