Author Topic: some work im happy with!  (Read 2998 times)

Offline shepgti

• I live here
Re: some work im happy with!
« Reply #20 on: 08 May 2012, 18:46 »
i think the main problem was shooting in the morning as theres waaay too much light. Had my flash on full power about 1.5m from the car in order to get enough light.. (tried shooting through an umbrella but couldnt get enough light onto the car) the main think i was looking at practicing was the processing of layers in 'shop for this kind of shot. (it took me ages!) 

feel like ive learnt alot from this which is good :cool:

Offline DubFan

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 May 2012, 20:06 »
I barely do anything with flash, so I need to practice that myself (and buy some wireless triggers and things).

Practice makes perfect, so that if/when someone is willing to pay you, you can do a good job.

Offline the_stink

• Forum addict
  • A3 140 TDI
« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2012, 22:09 »
i think the main problem was shooting in the morning as theres waaay too much light. Had my flash on full power about 1.5m from the car in order to get enough light.

This is why I normally use a high shutter speed as all you want is the light from the flash and at about 1/160 all you will get is the light from the flash not a lot else ;) sometime 1/120 will do but give it a try and see how you get on I always make sure i have a normal exposure to work with as well so use that as a base then in PS just using 'lighten' layer masks just picks out the panels that have been painted

this is an example of using light painting at around midday, with the normal exposure you can then start to make it all work together and really pop 

« Last Edit: 08 May 2012, 22:14 by the_stink »

Offline shepgti

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2012, 16:48 »
i shot this at 1/160th, thing was i aiming to get a black background straight out of the camera as the background was poor.