Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 789436 times)

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #220 on: 11 December 2013, 16:34 »
can someone without have a see if its just a case of changing the steering wheel coding roughly shown here http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/voice-control-VW-Golf-JSW.htm

ooo will have a play with that tonight :)  -- good find :)
VW Golf MK7 GTD Manual 5DR Pure White

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #221 on: 11 December 2013, 16:36 »
thanks
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline 2014GTi

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #222 on: 11 December 2013, 17:08 »
Whats this for.... voice ?  :shocked:
2014 Volkswagen Golf GTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2011 Volkswagen Polo Bluemotion
2001 SEAT Arosa TDi S
1999 John Cooper Mini Works S
2005 Vauxhall Astra SRI CDTi
2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
2002 Audi S3 quattro
1999 Peugeot 206 Grand Tourisme

Offline lawrie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #223 on: 11 December 2013, 17:58 »
the voice control whilst far from perfect is certainly better than it was in the MK5 Golf or the Scirocco with the RNS-510. Don't know if that was down to the head unit itself or the placement (quality) of the overhead mic, but it was bloody frustrating non the less.

When I was driving and I wanted to say change the album playing on the SD card or Ipod, I would hit the voice button, wait for the bong then say "SELECTION" (so far so good), then the current album playing would be displayed on screen with a number against all the tracks. If I wanted to come out of this album and go up a level (say for instance I was listening to a specific Queen Album then wanted to come out of this one to see all of the albums by Queen), I would say the command "UP", and it was supposed to take me up a level, however try as I might, it would always respond with "MAP", then take me to the navigation screen. I tried saying the work softly, loudly, with an accent, holding my head up near the mic, but it would only work (sometimes) if the car was at standstill with no road noise. Frustrating to say the least, and the same for a lot of other commands.

At least in the GTD it recognises the commands about 90-95% of the time correctly and allows me to enter an address for navigation, browse the music collection, dial a number etc. The only problem is that it's a bit clunky, not very quick and you have to speak the commands correctly. Perhaps in the next generation of voice control VW will crack this ?

See now that sounds pretty cool, is there anyway of me turning this feature on?

Mmmmm, got discover pro and cannot find any voice commands to control music

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #224 on: 11 December 2013, 18:30 »
Its standard (voice control) in the new Leon with their basic nav too so I reckon it could well be a vcds activation.

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #225 on: 11 December 2013, 18:37 »
on my way back so will est shortly, any commands i need to try (I hate voice control normally on phones & gadgets! so .... bit of a noob :P )

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #226 on: 11 December 2013, 19:42 »
can someone without have a see if its just a case of changing the steering wheel coding roughly shown here http://www.myturbodiesel.com/1000q/a6/voice-control-VW-Golf-JSW.htm

That seems to suggest that a different hardware bluetooth module is required - is this the one that is now fitted in the newer golfs?  It seems to have all of the required icons in the MFD display. Heres hoping...!
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #227 on: 11 December 2013, 19:51 »

ooo will have a play with that tonight :)  -- good find :)

Well, it didn't go well... couldn't do anything in the steering wheel section (Couldn't actually access it at all)

LOL! Edit - Scrap that - turn the engine on might help ;) - trying again

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #228 on: 11 December 2013, 19:59 »
OK I'm in...

Options in long code editor (2 screens)

Just looking at the link, and sub link on that post, does this mean our 'version' is older than the required 0111 and above?

Offline noobmonkey

• Here all the time
« Reply #229 on: 11 December 2013, 20:06 »
Sorry was a bit cold out there, so back in with a glass of wine :)

The screens look different, and i'm no expert, so being cautious.
A few things also confuse me, as in some of the VCDS screens it states i dont have things like cruise control that i do have (ok.. ACC) so is probably a wording/phrasing issue.

Happy to keep testing/exploring if you wish :)