Author Topic: northeast_gti-t - mk3  (Read 26656 times)

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
Re: northeast_gti-t - mk3
« Reply #20 on: 04 May 2013, 01:35 »
Looking Good, I've got a Polo Gti Steering Wheel to fit at the weekend, also have my eye on a Polo Gti Gear knob too......any probs in fitting the wheel I need to know about?

MJB
cheers bud :afro: nice steering wheel  :cool: no problems really tbh straight forward enough i got mine lined up first time when i tried it down the road  :wink: i just left the airbag off (so as to make it easier to undo the nut again if needed to re-position) once happy connect the horn and airbag (disconnect batt - terminal before you start removing old one and fitting new) point to note........you will get an airbag warning light lit permanent if you have it disconnected as it brings a fault up on vag-com i just cleared the code and light went out and comes on with ignition as self test and goes out after 5 secs or so
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #21 on: 06 May 2013, 11:19 »
Bit of an update.....

Waiting for my standard backbox to arrive yet again courier firm have managed to fcuk up twice in one week  :angry:
so that job will have to wait until the weekend as its due early this week  :lipsrsealed: so onto my abs and handbrake warning light issues,fitted a new near side rear sensor on saturday as vag-com showed to be faulty after i had swapped over ecu's i also took my unit apart and soldered the required connections (so now have a working spare) and a complete abs pump/ecu unit spare  :rolleyes: well i hoped the new rear sensor would sort the fault,as the old one was cracked and split.....

New sensor fitted...

Well cleared the fault code and then it highlighted the off side rear was now at fault  :sad: but the handbrake warning light now went out so happy there,so i decided i might aswell fit a new offside rear too waited until this morning and rang the local eurocarparts who had one in stock so popped over and picked that up and got it fitted,old one was not the best condition either,so all back together and fitted my replacement airbag/abs unit finally and went for a quick roadtest.........result 15mph and the abs light finally goes out,check on vag-com and cleared the old fault code and all good...

New Sensor Fitted...

And at last!!!!!  :grin:

Light comes on for self check 5 secs or so and now goes out,finally after a replaced ecu and all four sensors  :rolleyes:
Needless to say i'm much happier.

Update when i get my backbox fitted....
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #22 on: 08 May 2013, 21:49 »
Well my standard backbox turned up yesterday at last!,had a quick look underneath to see whats what  :grin: and seems that its a full system from the cat-back and removing just the back box the standard box pipe won't align/join the aftermarket pipework so had a look around at removing and fitting a standard set-up,more expense really  :sad: and is it worth it? the powerflow system isn't to bad and looks half decent now i have cleaned up and polished the pipes  :wink:,also going to get round to removing and re-fitting the front grille this week and was going to remove the front badge to paint as its a little tatty looking,after abit of a re think i have decided i want to carbon wrap it now instead so ordered some today,pics to follow after my attempt at wrapping  :tongue:
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #23 on: 09 May 2013, 21:30 »
Carbon fibre wrap arrived today so decided tonight i would wrap the three things i had in my mind to do  :laugh:
front grille badge left to wrap then decide if i want anymore parts wrapped as i don't want it to be overkill,so for now the cd player surround and the dashboard speaker grilles have been wrapped  :cool:

Parts Wrapped...

Fitted... :cool:

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #24 on: 10 May 2013, 22:03 »
Well i decided i would vinyl wrap the front vw grille badge tonight as the wrap was just sat there  :grin:
and got that done and fitted earlier,also bought a rear badge carbon fibre wrapped off 'Foreveryoungaus16v' looking forward to recieving that cheers mate :afro: also waiting on my v5 document for the golf to arrive which should be any day then i can get my plate done and my wolfsberg plate surrounds fitted  :cool: getting fed up with them sat near the bed  :grin: so will get some updated pics taken then..

Front vw grille badge wrapped...

happy with how its turned out for a first attempt at a badge
and fitted....

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #25 on: 11 May 2013, 23:12 »
Carbon fibre wrapped rear vw badge arrived this morning courtesy of foreveryoungaus16v cheers again :afro: so got it fitted  :cool:

Real happy with how its looking
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #26 on: 21 May 2013, 22:13 »
Was after a fischer cd storage unit as i thought it looks good fitted in the centre console from the ones i have seen in some mk3's,so placed a bid on one on the old e-bay and won it  :laugh: well it arrived this morning so seemed like a good idea to get it fitted so i did just that,also been over to the local dvla office to get my personal plate sorted as all the paper work arrived last weekend and finally i could get my plates and the 'wolfsburg' surrounds fitted instead of collecting dust  :grin: only bad thing is i'm still waiting for my bonnet lifters to arrive  :angry: not a clue when they may turn up but better be soon or i shall look for some somewhere else  :rolleyes: happy with the cd unit and now my plates are at last on :afro: so thought i would get some pics up.....

Now with its fischer cd storage in place...

Plates and surrounds...

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #27 on: 25 May 2013, 22:45 »
Found my original front doorcards the other day stored in the garage  :grin: had a look at them and decided i would take out the vr6 ones as drivers side is looking tatty,also found some oem speaker grilles that i was given with the car so good idea to re-fix my speakers better plus make them look oem at the same time,so cleaned up the original cards and they came up well so i got round to fitting them today  :smiley: still my bonnet lifters i ordered hadn't shown up during the week so i cancelled the order and ordered from somewhere else well they arrived this morning :afro: so seemed a good idea to fit them makes easier access under the bonnet with the original stay removed and opening/closing is better nice little mod  :cool: as usual took one or two pics...

Doorcards as they were..

And now..

Bonnet lifters now fitted..

And tonight 160,000 miles reached and the golfs averaging 35mpg which i'm fairly happy with..

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #28 on: 30 May 2013, 22:19 »
Both the bumpers arrived today  :smiley: had a quick look at them both and they look in decent condition for their age so should look better than the original ones that have a few dings and scuff/scrapes in the plastic and paint,i decided that replacing the plastic trims and painting them both would be more expensive in the long run i got the both for £60 delivered,plan now is to give them a good wash and then polish and wax the painted sections and re-apply another red pinstripe and then give the faded plastics some 'black wow' treatment :afro: will get some before and after pics  :grin: hopefully they should be fitted this weekend,oh and a little bonus whilst having a look at the front one i noticed a small sensor fixed in the drivers lower trim section so i assumed this to be the sensor for the mfa's outside temperature display i noticed mine does not display one! so had a closer look at mine and lo and behold the sensors missing  :grin: so will hopefully find the multi-plug connector for it when i pull the bumper off  :laugh: be nice if i get that sorted too :afro: pics to follow in due course,,,,,
2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU

Offline northeast_gti-t

• Serious forum addict
  • "1.8T AGU"
« Reply #29 on: 01 June 2013, 23:31 »
So with both bumpers to fit i thought i best get them washed and polished/waxed first off so yesterday evening before work seemed a good as time as any so the work began...... :smiley:

Bumpers as unwrapped....

Time for a wash and clean....

With the bumpers all washed i decided to try and locate the missing temperature display sensor plug  :laugh:
so after a quick look round i could see no plug  :undecided:
had another look and then.....came across two wires with tape round  :rolleyes: assuming this could be the wires time to test so put the wires onto the sensor wire prongs and result got a reading on the mfa display :afro: having no multiplug etc i decided i would have to adapt something so searched around my car bits and came across some wire and connectors etc and made my self a loom up so as to get it up and working also a free fix really to  :smiley:

And Result!!  :smiley:

2000 Mkiv GTi 1.8T AGU