Author Topic: VAGCOM NOT WERKING ISSUES (and yes i have searched the interwebz)  (Read 2401 times)

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
Ok, so bought a fleabay OBDII-USB cable, set it up CORRECTLY (as per the instructions) vagcom communicates with the interface, and i even got the latency down to GOOD & EXCELLENT,

a clicking can be heard from behind the dials, so i think communication is occurring, but i get nothing back on the VAGCOM software

anyone with any similar problems? i have the COMM PORT set up correctly, ive changed the settings of the port to 2ms (tdi forum) and got good results, but VAGCOM wont recognize either my MK3 or my MK4, ive tried both 409.1 & VCDS-Lite

kind of fed up now :undecided:

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
this guy seems to have the exact same problem as me, when trying to connect, i get NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLLER

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Silly question but the ignition is ON isn't it?

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
yeah, it says turn the ignition on, to ACC (basically the lights on on the dash, tried with the mk3 & mk4, got the dash to start clicking on both cars)

havnt tried it with the car running, i removed my stereo just in case, in the MK4 (one thing that concerns me is the Clifford Alarm could be interfering, but i doubt it)

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
this guy seems to have the exact same problem as me, when trying to connect, i get NO RESPONSE FROM CONTROLLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ6TA8ssrn4

(FORGOT LINK)

Offline CHRIS_MC

• I live here
  • GHETTO GHOLFER
if it was CHIPPED before i got it would that make any difference, i was told it was CHIPPED, but dont know if it is or isnt