Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379239 times)

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - MOT PASSED!!!
« Reply #1730 on: 04 August 2012, 22:22 »
get on with it then and stop buying old buses  :rolleyes: :lipsrsealed: :tongue:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1731 on: 04 August 2012, 22:40 »
get on with it then and stop buying old buses  :rolleyes: :lipsrsealed: :tongue:

I will if you sort you dodgy gear linkages out.  :drool:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #1732 on: 04 August 2012, 23:03 »

I will if you sort you dodgy gear linkages out.  :drool:

nah, the Lottery of is it first or reverse keeps me on my toes  :grin: :laugh:

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #1733 on: 05 August 2012, 16:56 »
Good news!

(it passed!) :cool:
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Thrashed with woes.
« Reply #1734 on: 06 August 2012, 11:42 »
Since Saturday I have clocked 100 miles, most of them harsh, there's some great roads around me. I forget how well this thing goes. Serious pulling power between 4-6k... I can't get enough of it right now, it's running well. 

I have run in to an annoying problem and can not figure it out.  It's so loud when thrashed it's often difficult to hear anything other than the engine.  However, driving normally I have noticed it's developed a clicking sound from the front near side which is in time with the wheel rolling.  The best way to describe it is like having a stone stuck in your tyre.  It's not that though.  Happens in gear and when coasting.

I have jacked up the offending corner and I can't replicate it with the wheel off the road, nor can I see anything that would cause such a sound.  It's a little concerning.

Any suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: 06 August 2012, 23:41 by SoundillusioN »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Thrashed with woes
« Reply #1735 on: 06 August 2012, 13:40 »
Just been out in it again, bizarrely it appears the sound is coming from the rear. Less concerned now as I know it won't be CV or gearbox related.. Jack out again.  :rolleyes:

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1736 on: 06 August 2012, 13:58 »
Great news it passed, i'm a little slow.. i know! :grin:

You could always get someone else to drive it real slowly as you walk next to the offending wheel.. just to get a better idea of what could be causing the sound.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1737 on: 06 August 2012, 14:23 »
Great news it passed, i'm a little slow.. i know! :grin:

You could always get someone else to drive it real slowly as you walk next to the offending wheel.. just to get a better idea of what could be causing the sound.

It's OK, I know you're a tad slow at times.   :grin:

I had to turn the engine off while slowly coasting, open the passenger door and lean over.  That's how I discovered it was at the rear.  Just jacked it up, spun the wheel and traced it.

The handbrake cable had popped out of one of the securing points on the rear beam and was catching the rim of the wheel.  Just dealing with it now.

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Picture update P174
« Reply #1738 on: 06 August 2012, 21:20 »
Here's the little beggar that was causing my mild panic which turned out to be nothing much at all.

You can see where it should have been clipped in against the beam, all sorted now though and only a light scuff on the plastic sheath.

Here's the damage I did to the BBS front Valance the other day with the ramps... Not impressed.  :angry: Bent where the fogs should be (will straighten out again if I remove and refit), Scuffed both corners so needs repainting.  :sad:

Ah well, need to take it off to get the fogs in.

As I had it's ass in the air today I decided I would raise the rear suspension, brought it up 20mm.  Handles much more how I prefer now.  :cool:

Offline DubFan

• I live here
Re: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Picture update P174
« Reply #1739 on: 06 August 2012, 22:39 »
Looks good in that shot.
Glad you got it sorted.