Author Topic: Richard Lloyd Racing MK1 - Updating Broken Pics From Page 1 And Adding New Works  (Read 379281 times)

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Re: MK1 Black From The Dead - 10 Minute Job!? Feck Off! - Pics (p148)
« Reply #1480 on: 20 September 2011, 10:52 »
The fact that you have resisted from drawing a thingy on that shows how mature you are compared to me!  :grin:

We definitely need to see it with this drawn on it, to demonstrate Shaun is not a proper grown up.

:grin:

Oh boy, do I hate exhaust joints like that, especially when they finally just let go and are all 'what was all the fuss about? Look I'm just two metal surfaces next to each other, there's nothing been holding me there' at you.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Len

• 10k hero
  • Guardian of the Seas, Protector of Waves
« Reply #1481 on: 20 September 2011, 11:02 »
Was it an early B'day pressie?
Mystic Blue Mk3 16v + Black Mk5 Gti 05 plate + Peugeot 405 Mi16

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #1482 on: 20 September 2011, 13:00 »
The fact that you have resisted from drawing a thingy on that shows how mature you are compared to me!  :grin:

We definitely need to see it with this drawn on it, to demonstrate Shaun is not a proper grown up.

:grin:

Oh boy, do I hate exhaust joints like that, especially when they finally just let go and are all 'what was all the fuss about? Look I'm just two metal surfaces next to each other, there's nothing been holding me there' at you.

Well I'm sorry to disappoint, I've already started cleaning it up.  Anyway, I am a proper grown up you know.  :shocked:

After giving it some thought I'm not going to bother removing the system as it appears I will be doing more harm than good.... Just fix the problem area and hang it back up.  (Obviously after I undo the damage i've already done at the rear)  :grin:

Was it an early B'day pressie?

What the screen? No.  Just something I needed that turned up at the kind of price I like.  The sale of the the rest of glass I found from another seller fell through, which now is a good thing as I have just found a full set of green tint campaign glass minus windscreen for £25!  :shocked:  :smug:

Offline Len

• 10k hero
« Reply #1483 on: 20 September 2011, 13:03 »
I dunno! Start a job and not do it right! :shocked:

Ummmmm where have heard that before! :embarassed:

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1484 on: 20 September 2011, 13:08 »
I dunno! Start a job and not do it right! :shocked:

Ummmmm where have heard that before! :embarassed:

Your thread?......

It's a job it doesn't really need, was just pulling out all the stops as I thought it was a good idea at the time.  If it ain't broke............

Offline Len

• 10k hero
« Reply #1485 on: 20 September 2011, 13:13 »
I was thinking of me not doing any work on those engines sat in my garage!

I agree with the if it aint broke bit! But why then tell us all about it and post pics? :undecided:

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1486 on: 20 September 2011, 13:25 »

I agree with the if it aint broke bit! But why then tell us all about it and post pics? :undecided:

Because I wasn't following this rule at that time and I am still having to fix what is broken.  Also, what fun would this thread be if all I posted was success.  :rolleyes: 

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #1487 on: 20 September 2011, 13:30 »

Because I wasn't following this rule at that time and I am still having to fix what is broken.  Also, what fun would this thread be if all I posted was success:rolleyes: 

That is the only thing we want from this thread!

It's a thread that everyone will like and want you to do well in. We don't like seeing unsuccessful attempts, it makes us sad!  :sad:

Offline Len

• 10k hero
« Reply #1488 on: 20 September 2011, 13:35 »

Because I wasn't following this rule at that time and I am still having to fix what is broken.  Also, what fun would this thread be if all I posted was success:rolleyes: 

It's a thread that everyone will like and want you to do well in. We don't like seeing unsuccessful attempts, it makes us sad!  :sad:

Most definitely agree with that!

www.sas.org.uk
www.the-ace.org.uk

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #1489 on: 20 September 2011, 13:44 »

Most definitely agree with that!

Well I'm sorry.  Thanks but I didn't realise that was the case.... Obviously there are threads that people thrive on that are full of fail, not suitable for this one, no?... What if lessons can be learnt from my mistakes?

You're lucky, this thread would be twice as long if I posted all the fails  :grin: