Author Topic: List of phones for Rsap VW premium inside  (Read 42733 times)

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
Re: List of phones for Rsap VW premium inside
« Reply #40 on: 03 June 2010, 22:38 »
I'll post a pic or two of the RNS-510 PHONE screens later today.

The US delivered Jetta Sedan SE's instrument cluster doesn't have a Hi-Line white MFD+ display...the car comes with a Lo-Line white MFD display. The lo-line MFD display shows only a sub-set of the hi-line MFD+ information.

VW advertising shows an "SEL" version of the Jetta Sedan with a Hi-Line display, MFSW, and multi-function trip computer for the US market. But, in fact, they have never delivered such a vehicle within the US market.

When I upgraded to the MFSW, I did get access to the trip computer info, but the Nav data, convenience settings, and radio info was still absent.

The good news is that I actually have in my possession a brand new (zero miles) Hi-Line cluster for my Jetta 2.5L Tiptronic. The installation will require a trip to a very savvy independent who will use "erWin" online to allow the new cluster's immobilizer to be coded to my keys. I've already arranged a visit to such an indie who will do the job. The dealers say the new cluster cannot be installed without also rewiring the car, installing a new Hi-line CECM, and including my first born in the transaction.

In the meantime, I actually installed the new cluster as a trial run. I turned the ignition ON, but did not attempt to start the car so the immobilizer did not kick in. The MFD+ worked great in conjunction with the MFSW controls. In the MFD+ I could see the NAV info, convenience settings, radio info, etc. Tonight I'll reinstall the new cluster, again, to take a photo for you of the phone data on the MFD+.

I don't have an iPhone so I cannot actually listen to music from such a device. But the 9W7 has a voice activation spoken command of "MUSIC" which will allow the playing of recorded music from such a blue tooth source.

BTW...

The new 9W7 cost me $470 delivered.

Jack
« Last Edit: 04 June 2010, 05:11 by Mr. Timewise »
2010 US delivered Jetta SE 2.5L Tiptronic

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
« Reply #41 on: 04 June 2010, 04:19 »
Here are some pictures of the MFD+ and RNS-510 showing the 9W7 menus in my 2010 Jetta SE. Click on any image to link to a larger image and an album of 19 pictures.

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #42 on: 04 June 2010, 08:28 »
Thats awesome Mr timeless now I just need to know if it will work with both rsap and normal bluetooth?

Darren

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 04 June 2010, 14:52 »
Thats awesome Mr timeless now I just need to know if it will work with both rsap and normal bluetooth?

Darren

You and me both   :laugh:

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
« Reply #44 on: 05 June 2010, 04:17 »
Sorry, guys, I simply don't know yet. Tomorrow I'll visit a friend who has a bluetooth music source and I'll report back.

Edit June 9, 2010...Sorry, but I haven't had a chance to test for A2DP capability.

Edit June 10, 2010...I have confirmed that a 3G iPhone will connect and download its phonebook to the RNS-510 and MFD+ display. The owner of the iPhone did not have any music recordings saved so I did not test the A2DP music streaming.
« Last Edit: 10 June 2010, 19:29 by Mr. Timewise »

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 08 June 2010, 17:17 »
Is there any difference between the one Mr time wise is referring to and this version?

Offline mortygt140

• Here all the time
« Reply #46 on: 09 June 2010, 04:01 »
thats just the latest premium module Steve I have that one in my car, the one mr t has is the new one that is taking over the Skoda unit. 

VW price is about £340 for the module but it does both white and red highline and all mobiles :cool:

Darren

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
« Reply #47 on: 10 June 2010, 01:47 »
The 9W7 is p/n 7P6-035-730-C (at least for the US market) with Hardware 008 and Software 6600.

The 9W2 I had was a 1K8-035-730-C ( Hardware 005; Software 0440) in my US delivered 2010 Jetta SE 2.5L with Tiptronic.

Yes, it seems odd that the part number changes only with the first three characters. My very limited experience was that the first three characters identified which vehicle was intended for the part. The fact that the last digits are all the same was a bit disconcerting to me when I placed the order. But what I received was exactly as I had hoped to get with all the features I wanted.

I'm beginning to wonder if the XXX-035-730-C has simply been updated with new internal hardware and new software.

Here's a picture of the 9W2 label (click for a bigger picture):

I did not take a photo of the 9W7 module before the install. But I can guarantee you that the 7P6-035-730-C is what I installed in my US delivered 2010 Jetta SE 2.5L with Tiptronic.

BTW...I found that with the proper voice commands and just using the PTT (microphone) button that I can even change the "voice tag" for a phonebook entry...without access to the MFD+ menu (because I do not yet have the Hi-line cluster installed). That is, rather than using the "text to speech" reading of my phonebook entries, the 9W7 will allow me to record a new voice tag and play that recording back as it reads the phonebook. This can be a different recording from what is in your actual phone (if you've made a voice tag in your phone).

Also...(this is a clip of a post I made elsewhere...)

The voice commands for the 9W7 are just a bit more sophisticated than those of the 9W3. The 9W7 can read your typed phonebook entries and compare your spoken words to its interpretation of the typed words in your phonebook. Or you can make your own voice tags for a phonebook entry via the MFD+. And the 9W7 can speak your phonebook entries with its "Text to Speech" abilities.

The "Voice Recognition" and "Text to Speech" functions work quite well, although there is one odd anomaly which VW should be embarrassed to have let through their quality control...

When the 9W7 speaks the work "Phone" it says, "Phon-ee." So "Phonebook" or "phone book" become, "Phon-ee-book."

Now you'd think that of all the words they'd check for proper interpretation, that one word would be correct! This applies to both a word in your phonebook and to the word "phonebook" in the 9W7's own help menu which the system speaks upon your request (by saying, "HELP" at various times in the dialog you can have with the system).

I have the entry "Home Phone" in my phonebook. The 9W7 speaks this as, "Home Phon-ee." The word "Home" is spoken correctly. Also, I have a phonebook entry for the name "Hope" which is pronounced correctly. I've even experimented with the word "Hone", and it is spoken with a silent "e". Likewise, the word "fone" is pronounced with a silent "e"..

:grin:
« Last Edit: 11 June 2010, 14:18 by Mr. Timewise »

Offline Mr. Timewise

• Just got here
« Reply #48 on: 10 June 2010, 20:54 »
NEWS FLASH!

OK...so I thought I'd try something that I've always assumed will not work.

Since the buttons overhead which activated the 9W2 bluetooth system do not function with a 9W3 module, I had assumed they would not function with the 9W7. WRONG! Yes, I've been wrong all along. The buttons work just as they did with the 9W2! Activate, mute, on/off handsfree, and the hang-up function all work using the overhead buttons just as they did when the 9W2 BT module was in the car.

The only thing in the overhead phone control panel that does not function is the amber/green/red light.

Therefore you don't even need a MFSW to work the 9W7 system. The voice commands can be activated upon pressing the microphone button overhead.

This is big news for some people.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2010, 16:49 by Mr. Timewise »

Offline JamesR27

• Here all the time
« Reply #49 on: 12 June 2010, 09:27 »
Sorry this is just one for the UK guys, but went to test drive a MK6 yesterday and the options that dealer had was still the old kit, but looking at the configurator on the VW website it has the following and also just downloaded the latest proce list dated 19.05.10 and this also lists this

Bluetooth telephone For Bluetooth HFP (Hands Free Profile) enabled phones  - 240.00

I questioned this with the dealer about the difference and he is said it is the option Bluetooth Touch kit that all the dealers have been fitting when the car has arrived as seen in the accessories brochure.

Is this correct or has VW finally done the update?  I don't personally want to order it with the car and don't like the look of the screen stuck on the dash.
MK 7.5 R Pure White, Pretoria Silver, DCC, Rear Camera.
Gone - MK 7 GTI Carbon Grey, Rear Camera, Service Pack.
Gone - MK 6 GTI  Reflex Silver, Monza Shadows, RCD 510, Rear Camera, Bluetooth, Tyre Pressure Sensor, Xenons Convenience pack, Service Pack :)
Gone - MK 5 GTI Reflex Silver, Monza II 18's, Luxury Pack, Mulitchanger