Author Topic: DAB Stations gone again  (Read 1624 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
DAB Stations gone again
« on: 28 March 2018, 11:52 »
Haven't had the radio on for weeks and weeks and went to put it on today while traveling upto Scotland and every dab preset and logo has disappeared again. Second time this has happened and not sure if it's a fault (everything else works perfectly). I know it's happened to others so what's the fix or problem?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: DAB Stations gone again
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2018, 13:45 »
The "station" is a DAB band. If you travel outside of where you set it up, the station can move and the preset becomes unlinked....

When you go home, you'll find them back I'll bet...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2018, 18:02 »
Back home and nothing. No presets, no logos, nothing. If you save a preset and then leave that area it doesn't wipe the preset it just won't pick up that preset station. Once you've stored the stations they should remain stored.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 29 March 2018, 07:30 »
Hmmmm ok.

Is your MIB unit up to date on software version? Might be worth looking at that?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2018, 09:08 »
New software means dealer visit  :grin: and can't be hooped with the faff on really of them wanting to keep the car for a few days (seems to be the stock answer these days from dealers). I'm amazed no one has started to do software updates online yet like the old rns510s. I've reprogrammed the stations for now and reset the unit. If it happens again I'll have to bite the bullet and make a dealer visit.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 29 March 2018, 16:12 »
I've seen a few other places with links to copies of the software but you take it as it comes... The trouble is that dealers and even Vw don't seem to understand the idea of software...

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 29 March 2018, 16:15 »
Yeah agree, I got all my rns510 firmware updates online.

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 29 March 2018, 22:55 »
This has happened to me 3 times now.
First 2, I rebooted the system and the logos reappeared with station presets and all was back to normal.
Third time and no amount of rebooting would bring things back.
I had to reinstall all the stations which was a complete pain as I couldn't remember the order I had them in but just knew they weren't back the same way they were.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2018, 12:30 »
Yeah I've done exactly the same and can tell the stations aren't in the right order  :grin: