Author Topic: New purchase help...  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Pinky1959

• GTI forum regular
Re: New purchase help...
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2016, 21:20 »
I would as said try the brokers for prices and also if you are any where near Dumfries try Benfield ( They come under Lookers now ),Ask for Ross .They were brilliant with me when we changed my car and wifes 3 months later .
I wouldn't go anywhere near Arnold Shark ,
« Last Edit: 24 January 2016, 21:21 by Pinky1959 »

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 24 January 2016, 21:31 »
I would as said try the brokers for prices and also if you are any where near Dumfries try Benfield ( They come under Lookers now ),Ask for Ross .They were brilliant with me when we changed my car and wifes 3 months later .
I wouldn't go anywhere near Arnold Shark ,

Good one! Arnold Shark  :grin:
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline colgtiturb

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 24 January 2016, 22:22 »
Ok guys, getting a little concerned about the Arnold Clark situation. This will be the first time I've ever even come close to owning a new car so am I missing something about them??

Offline vw spur

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 24 January 2016, 22:42 »
I'd give Arnold Clark a wide berth also, never heard much good about them
Collected 09/04/16 : Golf GTD Carbon Grey Sport & Sound Pack DSG Pro Nav Dynaudio Rear Camera High Beam Assist 90% Tints

Still pining for:2009 BMW 330i M Sport Convertible

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 24 January 2016, 22:48 »
Ok guys, getting a little concerned about the Arnold Clark situation. This will be the first time I've ever even come close to owning a new car so am I missing something about them??
it makes no difference who you buy it from if its new as any warranty work can be carried out by any vw dealer of your choice  :smiley: and in Scotland Arnold clark own most dealerships so will always have some bad feedback but there is a couple of members on here bought there mk7 from them with no issues

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 24 January 2016, 23:04 »
Yeh you're quite right if its got warranty buy the car if you get it at a good price. Never take it back to them for a service though.

Remove the yellow sticker from the rear screen as soon as you get home and you'll be fine.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 24 January 2016, 23:33 »

Remove the yellow sticker from the rear screen as soon as you get home and you'll be fine.
Eww, yes, those hideous Arnold stickers are really offensive. A real 70's throwback and not in a good way.
What are they thinking still fitting these things?
 :sick:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2016, 23:41 »
Yeh you're quite right if its got warranty buy the car if you get it at a good price. Never take it back to them for a service though.

makes no difference when the reg plates still have Arnold clark on them and why be different 50% of the cars in Scotland have his name on them  :grin: :grin:

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 24 January 2016, 23:53 »

makes no difference when the reg plates still have Arnold clark on them and why be different 50% of the cars in Scotland have his name on them  :grin: :grin:

Good point, and change the number plates as well!  :smiley:

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 25 January 2016, 00:12 »
There used to be a website arnoldsucks but I see its disappeared.
I bet Arnold Clark had it taken down as it was full of folks complaints. I'm sure I also read about law suits if it wasn't removed.
The problem is in some areas there is little or no alternative  :shocked:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14