Author Topic: R delivery times  (Read 4499 times)

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
Re: R delivery times
« Reply #10 on: 05 August 2015, 16:47 »
I am patiently awaiting an email from my BMW dealer for their best offer on a 330d..  Hadnt really thought about 335 d as it is X drive only.. have you driven one ?  is it not a bit spongy - I drove a 430d X drive to test the suspension and it was a bit soft.. on my extended drive the 330d S drive I thought was the perfect mix of comfort and handling..

I have driven a 335d xDrive. The power is epic and you soon forget about the slightly roll-y poll-y handling. A stock 335d xDrive will do 0-60mph in less than 4.5secs. In fact, some have posted acclr figures of 4.3 secs. The torque is blinding, literally. So economical too. I love it. The LCI versions have better handling and steering. Spec one carefully and you will never look back.

I simply cannot understand that if size is not an issue for you, why you are bothering with Audis.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline drisser

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 05 August 2015, 16:50 »
I better not turn this thread into another test drive thread !   :drool:

TBH I am pretty set on going down the route of a 330d - for the same or less money as an S3 and better part ex and earlier lead times, more spec etc it makes sense.  My only thought was having X drive then ticks the all year round box, but having said that how often do you REALLY need 4wd in this country...  and the 330d is more than quick enough as an every day driver.
Daily drive - LCI BMW 330 D Estoril Blue & Saddle leather. M sport + Pack / Prof Nav / Head Up / Heated Seats
On the way - CS ed 40 tornado red, manual, 3 door
Weekend fun - low mileage portofino blue 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo
2017 Build Slot reserved for BMW M2

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 05 August 2015, 17:03 »

TBH I am pretty set on going down the route of a 330d - for the same or less money as an S3 and better part ex and earlier lead times, more spec etc it makes sense.  My only thought was having X drive then ticks the all year round box, but having said that how often do you REALLY need 4wd in this country...  and the 330d is more than quick enough as an every day driver.

Exactly. Makes perfect sense.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 05 August 2015, 17:15 »

Yeah, get back in your own thread, dresser. :wink: :laugh:

And make a bloody decision. :tongue:

I think I might buy a BMW....
« Last Edit: 05 August 2015, 17:17 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 05 August 2015, 17:59 »
What's the best broker sites for BMW discounts?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 05 August 2015, 18:08 »
What's the best broker sites for BMW discounts?

Chris: Coast2coast cars when I was looking - 24% off the likes of the 330d/335d. You'll need that level of discount to counter the relatively low (for a German car) residuals. Expect a GFV of around 45% if you finance.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 05 August 2015, 18:36 »
To pick up on something Booth11 said in a earlier post. I picked up (I assume) a cancelled order that was already in the system that was part what I wanted I.e 3dr Lapiz Blue DSG but no other extras. I added 19" Pretoria's, Dynaudio, Discover Nav, Rear View Camera and it didn't affect the build time at all. I had it re allocated to me mid Nov last year and it was built week 3 this year and the dealer had it before the end of Jan. It spent nearly as long waiting another 5 weeks at their PDI centre before I picked it up March 1st on the new reg.
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline jassi14

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 10 August 2015, 19:53 »
Without starting a new thread.
What figures on PCP for a Golf R are you guys paying?
I have been quoted silly figures of £2000 deposit and over £500 a month

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 10 August 2015, 21:00 »
Without starting a new thread.
What figures on PCP for a Golf R are you guys paying?
I have been quoted silly figures of £2000 deposit and over £500 a month

Wow that's high,I paid £5000 deposit £257 a month, that's  on a 5 door DBP ,dsg ,dcc , dynaudio.
Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Mark V GTD

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 13 August 2015, 21:25 »
The finance figures are dependent on the level of discount you negotiated. The APR's are not particularly flexible so after that its down to how you manipulate mileage, length of agreement etc as all these can have a dramatic affect on monthly payments - not to mention the amount of deposit of course.

Have a play with the on-line finance calculator.