Author Topic: Wheel swap  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Snooze

• I live here
Wheel swap
« on: 03 June 2015, 12:44 »
I have a set of 18" Austin alloy wheels on my brand new Gti and wondered if anyone would be interested in a swap for either some 18" Nogaro alloys or some 19" alloys?
« Last Edit: 03 June 2015, 12:59 by Snooze »
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: Wheel swap
« Reply #1 on: 03 June 2015, 18:19 »
Not feeling the Austin love Snooze?  What about some aftermarket wheels like the lovely Rotary's, á la wigit's mrs' car?

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259354.msg2491556#msg2491556
« Last Edit: 03 June 2015, 18:28 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 03 June 2015, 18:42 »
Option GTI wheel in the USA  :wink:

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 03 June 2015, 19:34 »
Not feeling the Austin love Snooze?  What about some aftermarket wheels like the lovely Rotary's, á la wigit's mrs' car?

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259354.msg2491556#msg2491556

No, I never did really like them. That's quite ironic, I asked the stealer if I could swap my Austins for Rotarys, but I would have had to pay another £1080 plus tyres to do so!

What makes it worse is that 2 mates at work have gtd's and their Nogaros look awesome compared to my Austins. Unfortunately I'm gonna have to make do as buying the new car has completely cleaned me out!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 June 2015, 19:38 »
The Rotarys are very (relatively - makes no odds if the car has already cleaned you out) cheap somewhere -less than £500 a set, and figure in about £90 a tyre if you shop around. Might be worth putting an ad in the classifieds. Sell the Austins, buy the Rotarys.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 03 June 2015, 19:46 »
The Rotarys are very (relatively - makes no odds if the car has already cleaned you out) cheap somewhere -less than £500 a set, and figure in about £90 a tyre if you shop around. Might be worth putting an ad in the classifieds. Sell the Austins, buy the Rotarys.

I think I may just do that! Cheers MH. A set of black Rotarys would look absolutely stunning on my CSG Gti.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 June 2015, 21:01 »

I think I may just do that! Cheers MH. A set of black Rotarys would look absolutely stunning on my CSG Gti.

Snooze, the standard colour of the Rotary's is anthracite grey, rather than black. I've got them on my CSG mk6 GTD and I love them; much nicer than the diamond cut alloys it came with as standard.

I'm currently halfway through machine polishing my car, and when I've finished, I'll post some pictures in the Detailing section, so you can see what the CSG and anthracite Rotary's combination looks like.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 03 June 2015, 21:12 »

Snooze, the standard colour of the Rotary's is anthracite grey, rather than black. I've got them on my CSG mk6 GTD and I love them; much nicer than the diamond cut alloys it came with as standard.

I'm currently halfway through machine polishing my car, and when I've finished, I'll post some pictures in the Detailing section, so you can see what the CSG and anthracite Rotary's combination looks like.

They come in black too. Did you sell your Nogaros?

Ah nice one, yeah I'd love to see some pictures. Cheers

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 03 June 2015, 21:16 »
How much do you reckon I could ask for 4 brand new 18" Austin alloy wheels on Bridgestone tyres. They have covered just 150 miles so far!

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 03 June 2015, 21:25 »
How much do you reckon I could ask for 4 brand new 18" Austin alloy wheels on Bridgestone tyres. They have covered just 150 miles so far!

I'd see what the average price is on ebay for them and knock 10% off (ebay fees) if selling through the forum. If they're priced right then they will sell.

You might want to try some of the more generic forums too.

Here you might sell yours to someone who wants a spare set, or sell one at a time to people that have wrecked one.

Over on a normal Golf forum you'll likely get some interest from someone in a non-performance Golf  who wants GTI wheels. I presume this car is wholly yours to sell? If not, giving it back at the end of a PCP rather than going the p/x route might be a no-go. P/xing might see you get less money without the right wheels.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.