Author Topic: Replacement front tyres for GTD  (Read 4639 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: Replacement front tyres for GTD
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2014, 17:12 »
Sounds like someone (dealer) has swapped a wheel for one of yours.
This happened to my dads Focus. 3 tyres the same bar 1.
The dealer swapped it without question.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2014, 17:44 »
My GTD came with the continental cs2's and can also affirm - no tramping, and even in the damp today they gave good grip in 1st and 2nd (only a tiny flash of the ESC).

Look forward to your replacement day, bridgestoners! (If you are having traction issues)

Come replacement time I'll likely go for Vred's, as they've done me well in the past.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 03 June 2014, 07:31 »
I've got the conti 2's on my gtd and find them a decent tyre. Never had tramping and the only spin was when i drove over a manhole cover with my foot down. I definitely won't be putting bridgestones on but will be interested to hear what the vredesteins are like. My auntie will only buy vreds and swears by them but she's the only person I know who buys them  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 03 June 2014, 09:35 »
Well, your Aunty is obviously very cool then I presume!  :cool:

I used them on my Civic Diesel sport, and the grip was fantastic in dry and wet, quiet on the motorway and steering feel was much better than the Michelin pilot sports I also ran - on that car at least.

They seem to have had some popularity on here in the past, I wonder if anyone has them on their MK7 yet...?
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=76525.0

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 03 June 2014, 10:07 »
I've heard very good things about the Goodyear Eagle Assymetric 2's - so they'll be the ones going on my car when the ContiSport 2's are no more ......  :wink:
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 03 June 2014, 18:04 »
Goodyears are ok but they'll only last you a good year haha It's difficult to get vredesteins where I am so I'll need to look around online come tyre time.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline ffrank

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 03 June 2014, 18:19 »
I'm not sure if the vreds will outlast the Goodyears, maybe similar? But for the money saved they should work out better per mile.

Yeah, I used to buy them online and have them fitted locally. Few places that do them cheap, I used to use www.elitedirect.com which is £81.60 next day delivered, bargain!

Offline GiT1984

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2014, 09:20 »
A "good year" will be fine - especially as the (ancient design) Conti 2's are half gone in 3,000 miles! I'm after the best possible traction / grip / braking performance and not too worried about what they cost (although the Michelin Pilot Super Sports look a little OTT at circa £130 each, fitted!  :rolleyes:
2014 Mk7 GTi - CSG, PP, Leather, DSG, ACC, Pro Nav, Dynaudio, Reversing Camera, Rear Airbags, Winter pack.

2013 Porsche Boxster S

Offline corgi

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2014, 16:02 »
I'm after the best possible traction / grip / braking performance

Are you? Because the answer to that isn't going to be the same in all conditions - for example your Michelin PS3s will not be as good in the cold/snow as a set of Continental Winter Contacts.

So you will be compromising... especially on the road...

Carbon Grey Metallic, GTD 3 Door Manual, Dynaudio and Advanced Phone Prep
In the Garage: 2010 Jaguar XKR 5.0 Supercharged Convertible replaced 2004 911 (996) Carrera 4S Cabriolet (15/3/15)