Author Topic: Bubble has burst!!!  (Read 4668 times)

Offline DougL

• Here all the time
Re: Bubble has burst!!!
« Reply #10 on: 18 October 2013, 23:28 »
becoz they think one of the pistons arnt in line and need calibrating.

Someone is spinning you a yarn... what a surprise...
Tornado Red GTI 3dr manual

Previous Golfs Mk1 GLS and GL, Mk2 GL and Driver, Mk3 GL, Mk4 GT TDI, Mk6 TDI (and a Mk2 Scirocco 20 years ago)

Offline Fabio Bignose

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 18 October 2013, 23:39 »
Feel ur pain dude.

Screw in the tyre 3 days after collecting the car. Reluctantly took it in to get repaired, car still looking at is it did on day 1;

Me; please take care with the wheel, it's 3 days old.
Him; yeah of course,

10 mins later puncture repaired and a nice gauge in the top/face of the rim. Probably the crow bar even though it's plastic coated apparently.

At the very same time I was standing outside whilst the manger spoke to the fitter, I received a text from a friend to tell me his brother had died the evening before.

Puts it all in perspective really doesn't it...
Mk7.5 GTD. DCC, Keyless, Dynaudio, Tech pack, Alarm, Isaac Blue
Mk7 GTD. Xenons, 18", Climate Control, Keyless, Alarm, ( all optional in Ireland...! ) Dynaudio, DCC,
CSG.
Mk6 GTD. Alarm, CSG.

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 19 October 2013, 00:23 »

SNAP!!

Iv had a nightmare iv only had my gtd for a week an its back in the retailers with a big rattleing noise coming from the engine. So after a couple of hours of it going in on the monday they couldnt rectify the problem (an i thought these were good mecanhics!)
So listen to the next part they had to contact the factory in germany for a code becoz they think one of the pistons arnt in line and need calibrating. so next morning they get the code and takes them 4 hours to fix and line up the piston on computer, take it out for a test drive everything was fine the noise was gone. they now needed to take it for a 2nd test drive next mintue the noise re-appears now at this stage u could know how i feel. so now they,ve had to record the noise on a ipad and send it off the the factory iv never heard anything like it,anyway the factory has now told my dealer to order injectors but not fit them until they get the go ahead form the factory. to top it off iv only recieved a courtesy car today and it was a VW UP becoz a customer hasnt returned a car what im ment to take until he brings it back il have to stick with the up. an i always thought it should be like for like iv had a nightmare trying to get a courtesy car off them aswell and also heartbroken to see a brand new car what is only a week old an for that to happen is beyond me.

Feel ur pain dude.

Screw in the tyre 3 days after collecting the car. Reluctantly took it in to get repaired, car still looking at is it did on day 1;

Him; yeah of course,

10 mins later puncture repaired and a nice gauge in the top/face of the rim. Probably the crow bar even though it's plastic coated apparently.

At the very same time I was standing outside whilst the manger spoke to the fitter, I received a text from a friend to tell me his brother had died the evening before.

they do say it comes in 3's and believe me its true coz iv had the worst week going so far.

Offline shiners

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 19 October 2013, 06:02 »
Feel ur pain dude.

Him; yeah of course,

It sure does. Very sorry to hear that.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #14 on: 19 October 2013, 10:24 »
SNAP!!

Iv had a nightmare iv only had my gtd for a week an its back in the retailers with a big rattleing noise coming from the engine. So after a couple of hours of it going in on the monday they couldnt rectify the problem (an i thought these were good mecanhics!)
So listen to the next part they had to contact the factory in germany for a code becoz they think one of the pistons arnt in line and need calibrating. so next morning they get the code and takes them 4 hours to fix and line up the piston on computer, take it out for a test drive everything was fine the noise was gone. they now needed to take it for a 2nd test drive next mintue the noise re-appears now at this stage u could know how i feel. so now they,ve had to record the noise on a ipad and send it off the the factory iv never heard anything like it,anyway the factory has now told my dealer to order injectors but not fit them until they get the go ahead form the factory. to top it off iv only recieved a courtesy car today and it was a VW UP becoz a customer hasnt returned a car what im ment to take until he brings it back il have to stick with the up. an i always thought it should be like for like iv had a nightmare trying to get a courtesy car off them aswell and also heartbroken to see a brand new car what is only a week old an for that to happen is beyond me.
Pistons arnt inline ROFLMFAO.
Injector firing sequence maybe but pistons!  :grin:
If thats from the tech or master tech you want to take it somewere else.  :shocked:
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
« Reply #15 on: 19 October 2013, 12:46 »
SNAP!!

Pistons arnt inline ROFLMFAO.
Injector firing sequence maybe but pistons!  :grin:
If thats from the tech or master tech you want to take it somewere else.  :shocked:

well thats what i thought at the beginning but if u hear the noise on the car it doesnt sound nice but there nothing wrong with the performance of the car definitely something not right about it, trust me to get the bad batch!