Author Topic: Bubble has burst!!!  (Read 4669 times)

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTD VII Tornado Red
Bubble has burst!!!
« on: 17 October 2013, 19:27 »
Well after almost 6 months of waiting I collected my GTD last Wednesday!

Everything I hoped for in the car, even the delay in the car being released due to the lease company wanting it to display a tax disc eventually got forgotten.

742 miles travelled in a week not a beat missed.

Parked the car yesterday on the roadside went into a 5 hour meeting, out to the car to drive home everything looking good.

Jumped in the car turned the key just a constant turn over no firing of the engine no exhilarating engine noise just the constant turn over.

Oh dear try again and again nothing.

Call the recovery number, very helpful out comes the local man in the van. Plugs in a mini VAGcom, no faults.

Calls his boss, go gets his boss, who's got a bigger version. Cam sensor fault.
Clears the problem - won't start.

Recovered to VW dealer who stays open to accept the car.

Call to see them this morning, yep cam sensor fault will have to order one won't get one today hopefully tomorrow you'll be back in your car by the weekend ..... ok I can live with that thank you very much ring me later please to confirm.

Phone call couple of hours later, slight problem sir, there is a back order on the part VW quoting 28th October for the part!!!

Sweet Jesus!!!!

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: Bubble has burst!!!
« Reply #1 on: 17 October 2013, 20:16 »
Ouch.  The last thing you needed after waiting so long in the first place.

Are you being given a courtesy car until the part arrives/your GTD is fixed?
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2013, 21:20 »
I was supposed to have a car delivered from a hire company tonight curtesy of VW but not turned up so back on the phone tomorrow.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2013, 21:58 »
if a part is on back order already how many must have failed around the world?
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #4 on: 17 October 2013, 23:17 »

I wonder if this is why I'm still waiting my BW39 GTD - last I was told was 'lack of parts'
I'm coming up to the six month wait - and totally hacked off, if it died that quick I would be mortified!

I feel for you mate
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 October 2013, 21:30 »
My hire car got delivered a 13 plate 1.2 petrol Golf, I could shout and complain that I should have something similar to the one off the road, but thats not very likely to happen. Quite disappointed it wasn't an UP just to impress my partner.

The dealer the car was recovered to have been excellent, but I have been buying of them for years, even thought this lease had to come via a rival dealer.

Still looking at 28th October for part delivery. They are trying to expedite it with VW as its technically a "blue light" car but to no avail.

I agree if the part can't be delivered until the 28th how many faults have their been!

Offline mk7gti

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 18 October 2013, 21:58 »
What's a blue light car?

MK7 GTI - Deep Pearl Black - Standard Spec - Ordered 10/12/2015.

MK7 GTI - White - Standard Spec - Service Pack - Collected 11/09/2013.

Offline redgolfgtd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 18 October 2013, 22:16 »
Sorry I'm a response manager with an ambulance service, the car will be fitted (should have been monday) with covert blue lights and siren. Hence its classed as a blue light car

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 18 October 2013, 22:19 »
Sorry I'm a response manager with an ambulance service, the car will be fitted (should have been monday) with covert blue lights and siren. Hence its classed as a blue light car
Best mod ever!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline lambo1984

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 18 October 2013, 23:11 »
SNAP!!

Iv had a nightmare iv only had my gtd for a week an its back in the retailers with a big rattleing noise coming from the engine. So after a couple of hours of it going in on the monday they couldnt rectify the problem (an i thought these were good mecanhics!)
So listen to the next part they had to contact the factory in germany for a code becoz they think one of the pistons arnt in line and need calibrating. so next morning they get the code and takes them 4 hours to fix and line up the piston on computer, take it out for a test drive everything was fine the noise was gone. they now needed to take it for a 2nd test drive next mintue the noise re-appears now at this stage u could know how i feel. so now they,ve had to record the noise on a ipad and send it off the the factory iv never heard anything like it,anyway the factory has now told my dealer to order injectors but not fit them until they get the go ahead form the factory. to top it off iv only recieved a courtesy car today and it was a VW UP becoz a customer hasnt returned a car what im ment to take until he brings it back il have to stick with the up. an i always thought it should be like for like iv had a nightmare trying to get a courtesy car off them aswell and also heartbroken to see a brand new car what is only a week old an for that to happen is beyond me.