Author Topic: mk7 Golf R UK press release  (Read 22490 times)

Offline matchboy

• I live here
Re: mk7 Golf R UK press release
« Reply #90 on: 10 September 2013, 17:09 »
Nice find, looks fantastic - especially with those upgraded wheels. Lose the pano roof though.

Good to see another reviewer doing his homework: "the GTI has 200bhp"  :rolleyes:
Whats the USA spec Mk7 GTI make? As the mk6 usa model was less than the europe one due to fuel and emissions in the usa.

I see what you're saying, he was referring to the US version. However, I'm pretty sure it's still got 210bhp.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 10 September 2013, 17:25 »
The look of the Golf R at Frankfurt is growing on me.  But I don't like the wheels to start with.  Also certain elements of the look of the car are a bit bling bling for my liking.  The Front Skirt looks better on the latest video from Frankfurt, is it different to the one on the earliest photos?  It looks more flared.  However I still like the Golf GTI more, and not just because I have one on order.
It is more subtle without looking ordinary. 

I must say the colour of the Golf R is great, and going back to the topic of the Front Skirt, it looks similar to the shape of the Golf GTI's front skirt (the way it flares out). 

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #92 on: 10 September 2013, 19:26 »
looking forward to seeing it in the flesh on Friday  :smug:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #93 on: 10 September 2013, 21:32 »
Nice find, looks fantastic - especially with those upgraded wheels. Lose the pano roof though.

Good to see another reviewer doing his homework: "the GTI has 200bhp"  :rolleyes:
Whats the USA spec Mk7 GTI make? As the mk6 usa model was less than the europe one due to fuel and emissions in the usa.

I see what you're saying, he was referring to the US version. However, I'm pretty sure it's still got 210bhp.

Might have lower bhp running on sh!tty standard RON91/92 USA "regular" petrol
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline master_hayabusa

• Here all the time
« Reply #94 on: 11 September 2013, 03:25 »
looks great in Oryx white too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urqNG0cOHCA

Offline AndyG

• Here all the time
« Reply #95 on: 11 September 2013, 08:06 »
I agree it looks great.I wonder why it wasn't displayed at Frankfurt with the larger alloys which give it a more aggressive presence in my opinion.Those smaller wheels don't do it for me.The GTI though with its red accents at the front are more appealing to look at.
I need to start clocking the miles on my car to give me reason to change it.Only done 14k so far.
Golf 7R,DSG,5 door White,leather,rear camera.