Author Topic: Mk1 rear beam bushes  (Read 1261 times)

Offline 200sxman

• Just got here
Mk1 rear beam bushes
« on: 06 April 2010, 14:38 »
Has anyone fitted Super Flex bushes and if so could they tell me how they did it? I have tried eveything I can think of and cannot get them close to going into the housing.
Going crazy so any help will be much appreciated.

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
Re: Mk1 rear beam bushes
« Reply #1 on: 06 April 2010, 18:22 »
iirc you need to use 2 sets of mole grips, use 1 set to close them a bit at a time and the other to hold the gap while u readjust the 1st set if that make sense [ bit difficult to explain without pics ] then slide the clip on when they are together

there is a how to with pics either on here clubgti  :sick:  or mk1 owners club or try vwvortex

sorry mate but do you mean the swinging point? if so i believe they require pressing in
« Last Edit: 06 April 2010, 18:27 by raferackstraw »

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline 200sxman

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 07 April 2010, 10:25 »
Hi, thanks for the info. Yes its the main mounting bushes for the beam onto the chassis. I've tried with a press it only distorts the bush.

Cheers

Offline woZa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 28 April 2010, 20:03 »
Make sure you give the metal housing a damn good clean up with a wire brush, rust killer etc. Couldn't get mine in until I went mad with the wire brush then used a vice to squeeze the bush in.

Could also try the bush in the freezer / heat the housing with a blowtorch (not too much mind!) trick...