Poll

What version of software is your car running?

7 (8.8%)
24 (30%)
11 (13.8%)
11 (13.8%)
Something else
27 (33.8%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Author Topic: Mk8 software version poll  (Read 98531 times)

Offline G3neralBanter

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk8 software version poll
« Reply #190 on: 12 May 2021, 15:28 »
So mine has been at the dealers yesteday to fix phone disconnecting, climate sync not working & a/c no cooling.

Compressor seals replaced and re-gassed so a/c works fine, phone has been fine too so far.

Climate sync - Still does not remember to sync. It does remember if I exit/re-enter the car straight away, however I've just done a few tests and it 'forgets' to remember the sync after the doors are locked for approx. 2minutes. (the same time it takes for the interior alarm motion sensor to work)

Only difference I've noticed on screen is I now get a snowflake system near the temp setting when I first press ignition.

Software is still on 1666, 'B' device, but then I've read people have had updates and still keeping the same software number.

I'm in the car 99% of the time on my own so for me the sync not working = climate not working.
Finding this highly frustrating after coming from a MK6, A3 8p, MK7, MK7.5 all with climate control that I didn't have to sync on every journey.

My car is going in for the 4th time. Apparently they are changing a gateway control unit whatever that is!

I still have sync issue and the other day I couldn’t change the temp at all. It registered a press by highlighting the temp but it couldn’t be changed

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #191 on: 12 May 2021, 15:41 »
There are 28 seperate controllers in my car (yours might be different with less or more options)....see my thread here:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287467.0

When VW say they are updating software, it could be to any of these. All of them use software, all of them can and do have problems and most have received updates since the mk8 was launched.

In this thread we are only talking about the Infotainment system (known as 5F)... its the only one you can see the version of without using OBD11 etc
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline massimo23

• Not said much yet
« Reply #192 on: 12 May 2021, 22:05 »
My car has been in the workshop 3 times. I have done a backup of the whole system with odb11 and Vcds each time to see exactly what was changed. apart 3 different 5F infotainment updates , there was the keyless unit update and rvc update.
It would be good to share the backups so we can all see the latest updates and also understand which ones give problems.

Offline Si_Telford

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #193 on: 13 May 2021, 09:50 »
I think I have been very very lucky with mine, I'm on 1666 and come across no faults apart from the front assist coming on about 3 times approaching 2000 miles. Don't want to curse myself but it's everything has been fine. I don't really touch anything with climate as I set it to 22 and find it a decent setting. I think I have the car set up as I need it now

Offline GTD1414

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #194 on: 13 May 2021, 11:45 »
I think I have been very very lucky with mine, I'm on 1666 and come across no faults apart from the front assist coming on about 3 times approaching 2000 miles. Don't want to curse myself but it's everything has been fine. I don't really touch anything with climate as I set it to 22 and find it a decent setting. I think I have the car set up as I need it now

Does your climate remember to sync?

Offline JRR1988

• Not said much yet
« Reply #195 on: 13 May 2021, 12:55 »
I have a friend who just took delivery of a GTE. When it arrived he had the capability to view the full SatNav screen on the instrument cluster but he’s since carried out a software update the ability to do that has been removed from the infotainment .

Note: This is not a Discover Pro spec’d car.

Where does he stand with this? I was under the impression that you had to pay £1600 😱 for Discover Pro to get this feature but they’ve delivered a car with the capability then removed it.
Current and going imminently - MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack, DSG, Black

CANCELED - MK8 GTI Clubsport, Reflex Silver, 19” Adelaide Wheels, Winter Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #196 on: 13 May 2021, 13:53 »
Thats very weird.

Ok, so check the hardware version of the infotainment.... does it end in B or D.

If it ends in D, you should have software version 1788 or 1803..... if it ends in B it will be 1664, 1666 or 1668.

If its a "B" you won't get nav in dash because VW disabled it. If its a "D" you should.

It will only be on one screen at a time.

With NavPro, you get it on both.... also GTE NavPro is 1900 quid.... the GTE one is more complex, showing electric range and charging points etc.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #197 on: 13 May 2021, 16:18 »

(courtesy of my fellow tech nut Massimo  :cool:)

Offline Sniffer

• Not said much yet
« Reply #198 on: 24 May 2021, 17:40 »
Popped into my dealer's this morning to have my ac checked out. The car threw a hissy fit last week for 10 minutes or so, during which I couldn't adjust any of the temperature control settings. The Service Manager suggested that, if I was prepared to wait for an hour and have a cuppa, then they'd download the latest Software version and, hopefully, that should sort the problem.

So I started today with v1788 and I'm now on v1803. It may just be my imagination but it certainly seemed to make the Infotainment system operate a lot smoother than before. Time will tell!

Great service though..... and the biscuits weren't bad either.😁
« Last Edit: 24 May 2021, 17:42 by Sniffer »
Long Since: 1981-84 Mk1 Golf GTI (Black);
Long Since: 1984-86 Mk 2 Golf GTI (White);
Long Since: 1986-88 Scirocco GTX (Graphite)
Gap - The Sensible Years (Mostly)
Gone: 2016-18 Mk 7 Golf GT TDI; (Silver)
Gone: 2018-20 Mk7.5 Golf GTI DSG (Red)
Gone: 2020 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (White)
Gone: 2021 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Pearl Black),19"Adelaides, Sports Susp and Winter Pack.
2024 - Mk 8 Golf GTI DSG (Kings Red), 19" Adelaides, Sports Susp, Winter Pack & Rear View Camera.

Offline Ubique

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #199 on: 24 May 2021, 18:34 »
1803 has definitely made my infotainment work better. Good on your VW dealer. 👍