Author Topic: MK3 8V GTI FUEL LEAKAGE!  (Read 511 times)

Offline bushy

• Just got here
MK3 8V GTI FUEL LEAKAGE!
« on: 28 October 2007, 10:33 »
 Hello has anyone got an idea why when l'm filling up with fuel and the pump clicks to say the car is full my golf then starts almost pouring fuel out over the floor from underneath by the fillier pipe? It must be right up near the top of the pipe leading into the tank, it pretty much pours out until it reaches a level and then stops but when trying to look at it l can't see anything wrong, the garage l've taken it to says they can't see anything obvious but because its all so tight for space up there they will have to start taking it apart to have a better look. l don't know what mileage its suppose to do my mfa shows good 30 plus mpg but l'm getting around 300 miles from a tank on long runs, does that sound acceptable or is it likely that because of the leakage and evaporation its drastically reducing it?
 Any help greatly appreciated guys. Cheers

Offline rubjonny

• 10k hero
  • Hello, my name is John and I'm a dub addict.
Re: MK3 8V GTI FUEL LEAKAGE!
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2007, 13:01 »
there is a tank breather system, it might be blocked causing it to pressurise when you're pouring fuel in there and fill up the neck.  Try putting it in a bit more slowly, see if that helps :)
Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.