Author Topic: Wipers  (Read 1605 times)

MonkeyP

Wipers
« on: 21 December 2012, 12:55 »
Quick question.

How do you get the wipers to move so that i can lift the blades of the screen when washing the car.

Sometimes they move and other times they are locked in position and i dont have a clue why they do that.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: Wipers
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2012, 12:59 »
Just after turning the ignition off, flick the wiper stalk down. They'll go up the screen and park in the vertical position.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 21 December 2012, 14:59 »
Just after turning the ignition off, flick the wiper stalk down. They'll go up the screen and park in the vertical position.

^this, or if your not starting the engine turn the ignition on (don't start) then off, then nudge the wiper stalk down.
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂

MonkeyP

« Reply #3 on: 21 December 2012, 16:46 »
Cheers lads. Will give it a go this weekend.

I just find it weird that sometimes i able to move them with my had but then other times they are locked in position  :huh:

Offline Murrayedition35

• I live here
  • Edition 35 3dr Manual - Deep Black.
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2012, 17:16 »
You could always used a hacksaw... :grin:

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 21 December 2012, 18:56 »
if you raise them to wash the car, make sure you drop them back down before you move the car (i wash my car on the road, dry it off on my drive).

if the car moves the wipers will go back to hidden position and knack your bonnet.

Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 03 January 2013, 21:25 »
I just replaced my front and rear wipers at 2years and 8 months (48,000 miles), the front passenger side was tearing off on the farthest edge from the drivers side was giving a poor clean too. Might be worth checking them over too.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Steve30

• I live here
  • Ed30 .
« Reply #7 on: 03 January 2013, 23:08 »
I just replaced my front and rear wipers at 2years and 8 months (48,000 miles), the front passenger side was tearing off on the farthest edge from the drivers side was giving a poor clean too. Might be worth checking them over too.

You a mini cab driver  :grin:

Tiguan quicker than the Golf

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2013, 19:09 »
Nope, won some free wiper blades and new mats from a vw customer service draw been waiting for the old ones to be knackered before replacing them.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.