Author Topic: Guide to removing / bypassing the N249 valve.  (Read 60628 times)

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
Re: Guide to removing / bypassing the N249 valve.
« Reply #30 on: 24 June 2009, 08:32 »
did the bypass anyway using the guide (which is spot on by the way :D) and im not too sure.....i got the splitter valve on mine an with my induction kit it used to go tsssshhhhh pretty loud an at the exact time i released the throttle, now there isnt a particular noise that it makes it just does what it wants and it does it whenever if feels like really!! not regretting it really because it doesn seem like any power loss but ive lost the noise that i luuuuuv! any help??

Sounds prety strange for you to be able to notice it that much.  My cars dump is slightly quieter after doing this but it definately pulls better so i dont mind.

Sorry cant really suggest anything.

Ony thing you can do is put it back to standard i pressume.  I'l have a think and post up later.

Offline davetec-s

• Not said much yet
  • ;)
« Reply #31 on: 24 June 2009, 18:19 »
ok mate, cheers! it definately pulls more, i noticed it on the motorway today it goes from 80 to 120 much quicker, or so it feels anyway! mite just be wishful thinkin lol. the noise is more of a flutter now and i noticed earlier that my splitter valve is open when tickin over and when i rev it slowly it will close then stay closed and open once i release full throttle. not sure if this is right. i was thinkin for a while that maybe the valve needs to be adjusted now due to a pressure difference, possibly that i needed to tighten the spring to close it as there may be a bit more pressure or something. the only way it will stay closed while ticking over is by tightening the dv till its at its fullest. i was thinking that if the vavle is stayin open when tickin over its not really re-circulating porperly is it? or does this only count under load? sorry to be a spanner lol

Offline barry-gti

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 24 June 2009, 22:13 »
80 - 120  :laugh:

hope it was a private motorway

Offline GregUK

• GTI forum regular
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM 150bhp in Diamond Black
« Reply #33 on: 24 June 2009, 22:40 »
80 - 120  :laugh:

hope it was a private motorway

I think he meant KPH :grin:

Offline davetec-s

• Not said much yet
  • ;)
« Reply #34 on: 26 June 2009, 18:34 »
no i meant mph but i was on the autobahn in germany :S lol. love livin on the edge me  :wink:

Offline G60GTI16V

• I live here
  • GTI Mk1, 2, 3, 4 now VRS Hell Yea!
« Reply #35 on: 18 July 2009, 10:35 »
ok mate, cheers! it definately pulls more, i noticed it on the motorway today it goes from 80 to 120 much quicker, or so it feels anyway! mite just be wishful thinkin lol. the noise is more of a flutter now and i noticed earlier that my splitter valve is open when tickin over and when i rev it slowly it will close then stay closed and open once i release full throttle. not sure if this is right. i was thinkin for a while that maybe the valve needs to be adjusted now due to a pressure difference, possibly that i needed to tighten the spring to close it as there may be a bit more pressure or something. the only way it will stay closed while ticking over is by tightening the dv till its at its fullest. i was thinking that if the vavle is stayin open when tickin over its not really re-circulating porperly is it? or does this only count under load? sorry to be a spanner lol

only under load mate it recirculates, i have one fitted and my valve is open on idle. if you turn it till its closed on idle you dont get the woosh sound. the piston in my valve ticks when idling.

Glad i got an AGU
« Last Edit: 26 September 2009, 21:33 by G60GTI16V »

Offline Mr_Orange

• I live here
  • MK4 GTi Turbo Exclusive 150 AUM
« Reply #36 on: 03 November 2009, 17:36 »
DO IT!

It's very very simple and works wonder!  :wink:

Awesome guide, but I'd recommend you use a larger bore (perhaps 5mm) on the "non return valve" and reduce it down to 3mm pipe for the connections either end.  I used the 3mm and it was a mad squeeze onto the valve.  Now a bit worried pipe will degrade and split so on the look out for a short length of 5mm bore and some 5mm > 3mm reducers.  I might also tidy up some of the pipes that are a bit too long.

Build thread clicky

Offline mikemk4gti

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 01 January 2010, 10:32 »
If I do this will it stop the traction control working??

51 mk4 gti 1.8t AUM | 05 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro S-Line | 01 A3 1.8t Sport | 02 Golf 25th Anni 1.8T | 03 mk4 GTI AUQ | 05 Leon Fr TDI 150 | mk2 golf gti 8v | 01 Audi S3
Back in my old MK4 '01 AUM!
http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/400214.aspx
VagCom, VagTacho, MTE, Needles, Key coding, Locked beeps etc availab

Offline BaV

• I live here
  • 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM
« Reply #38 on: 01 January 2010, 16:31 »
If I do this will it stop the traction control working??

Nope

Offline l555omy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 25 June 2010, 14:03 »
another succes , i just bypassed mine ! thumbs up to this one , cheers :cool: