Author Topic: Turbo charging a Digi  (Read 983 times)

Offline Golf8vGti

• GTI forum regular
Turbo charging a Digi
« on: 19 August 2006, 21:58 »
Hi all

I was just wondering on the possibilitys of turbocharging a 1.8 digi but only a low boost set up and running standard internals and on a budget?

I was building a zetec turbo but again a low boost setup using standard internals and a de-comp plate to lower the cr and fiesta Rs management with a T3 turbo and a custom fuel rail. I gave up in the end due to selling the dagenham dustbin.

Any suggestions etc are welcome and if its even possible with a golf??

Cheers
J

Offline Golf8vGti

• GTI forum regular
Re: Turbo charging a Digi
« Reply #1 on: 20 August 2006, 05:48 »
Anyone know nething about this ?  :cry:

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #2 on: 20 August 2006, 12:24 »
yeah u would prob need g60 management tho and a GTD exhaust manifold or custom job. i reckon u would have to uprate the internals aswell. g60 items i reckon

Offline Uruk Hai

• I live here

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #4 on: 20 August 2006, 13:13 »
word thats a fair comment lol

Offline Golf8vGti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 20 August 2006, 15:25 »
Yer ok thers the g60 lump which is supercharged i appreciate that and yer it would be easier just to buy one of them and drop that in. But i was just thinkin of doin something different by my own hands.

But i was just wondering the possibilitys of it i have loads of left over stuff from the Zetec turbo attempt obviously most of it wont be compatible due to it being ford but there might be somethings i can salvage?

Veedubgt18v

« Reply #6 on: 20 August 2006, 16:37 »
exhaust manifold with a turbo mount and lower the compression and sort the management and it would be doable. the block would be well up to it cos its the same block as the 8v lol

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2006, 09:33 »