Author Topic: GTI Jamie - MK2 8V GTI  (Read 3908 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
GTI Jamie - MK2 8V GTI
« on: 21 May 2007, 18:51 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
Re: GTI Jamie - MK2 8V GTI
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2007, 19:42 »
Thanks JV!!! :grin:

Hola people of the Golf-ness

Were to start? Well i bought the car off a good friend of the family [he got me into golfs cause he is crazy about them if BOB doesn't know you don't need to know!]

When i first met Her!!

The car had been off road for about 6 month when i bought it so she needed a really good clean inside and out she was a real mess!!!

First thing to do when she was of cleanliness was to Find all the folts!
Poorly Drivers Door

Poorly Passenger Arch

Now write a list of stuff to buy woop woop!
  • Bumpers
  • Arches
  • Skirts
  • Door Pin Rods
  • Clocks[mine are a bit broken]
  • Brake Disks
  • Upgraded Master Cylinder
  • Ported and Polished Head and Inlet
  • Super Chip and remap
  • HT Leads and Plugs
  • Sound System[A Must I Love My Music]
  • Suspention
  • Clear Lights All Round[Head, Indicators,Fogs, Rear]
If anyone has some of these parts let me know i will be very interested in buying them off you!!!
Thats It For Now I Think
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007, 20:54 by GTi Jamie »

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2007, 19:58 »
I finely sold my Honda Civic Coupe for £2500.00 so now i have MORE money to spend on the golf YAY!

I bought all the lights aport from the head lights because i cant deside between plain or cross-hair?

Here is some pics of what i got

But as soon as i got them all and fitted them i has an unexpected expence apear my exhaust fell off BOOO :cry:

So i bought a brand spanker off eBay for £75 here is a pic but mine came with the double tailpipe backboxs

Oh Well on with the show :wink:

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 21 May 2007, 20:06 »
Got my sound system next i wanted something that would give me good sound quality but just replace the original speakers so i went for a good stronge JVC headunit i had a JVC in the Honda and i never had a problem with it so it seemed a good choice!  To go with the headunit i bought some JBL GT speakers the build quality is there and the RMS Wattage was just right to suit the Headunit!
Heres some pics:

eventualy fitted it all took a while cause someone had cut the OSI con blocks off BOO so did it the old fashioned way!
Thats it for the sound system hope it sound good to you guys!

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 21 May 2007, 20:19 »
Got Some new Disks all four of them with pads BUT NO BEARINGS for £130 good quality too so me and my machanic friend Tom spent ages fitting them TWO days the entire rear end had seized up  :angry:
so we had to smash one of the disks off with a lump hammer :evil: [wish i had took a picture well gutted now]

But after a days work new bearings, some new bolts here and there and SUN STROKE boo :embarassed: the rear end was changed yay!
Like a fool i have forgotten to take some pics of the finished job but i shall get it sorted soon [promiss hehe]

The next day i set about the front end pretty easy this time the guid bolts gave me a bit of trouble but otherwise went really well  :grin:

Heres a pic of the disks i bought

I got a new Master Cylinder too not fitted it yet though!

I will get them other pics sorted soon :smiley:
« Last Edit: 13 June 2007, 19:22 by GTi Jamie »

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 21 May 2007, 20:33 »
I mentioned earlier my good family friend BOB well he has got me some VAG electric windows with center collum for £100, and his sons old ECU witch is super chiped and remaped for £100 too plus a full KONI suspention rig for £130 bargain of the century :undecided:

I bought the lot anyway fitted the suspention and the center collum but haven't got around to the rest of it due to a mega problem with the clutch [as in there wasn't one] it had a new gearbox and clutch fitted just before it went off road so after that year being stud 6 months on BOBs drive and around 6 month on mine i think the clutch had soacked up as much moisture as it could and as soon as i gave it the beans it Disintegrated into mush and died BOOOOO :cry:
Here are some pics of it when we got it out:

A bit buggered i feel hehe

Anyway i bought a new one and a new clutch cable and its running awsomely now i craped myself when i slamed my foot down hehe :embarassed: :laugh:
Anyway on with the spending spree and fixture!!!! :grin:

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 21 May 2007, 20:50 »
Thats it so far guys i have bought a few more things like a eye brow spoiler of Neaty that needs spraying and fitting, two blank keys that need cutting and a kit to replace the entire gear linkage only £15 off eBay but haven't got around to doing much of late been so busy with the band and work but i will keep you all poated on the development of the car!!!!
Heres a couple of pics for you all!

£5.00 for the keys another eBay purchase

This is that superchiped ECU off Bob not put that on yet so much to do so little time in the day :cry:

one eyebrow spoiler in the wrong colour woop woop!!
« Last Edit: 21 May 2007, 21:11 by GTi Jamie »

Offline GTi Jamie

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 05 June 2007, 17:47 »
Hey Guys just a little post to let you know whats happening at the moment.

I'm afraid project GOLF has been put on hold due to lack of funding at this very moment in time :cry:.

I have just had to shell out some mega cash for my bands Debut Album Recording and Pressing so i shall be brassic for a while now but i shall rise above this little staller and have the car back on its road to greatness soon. :grin:

I think she is due for some new wheels and a respray so i will save the cash and have some more info and pics up for you lot as soon as i can afford it haha [NICE]

Jamie :cool: