Author Topic: vaughn's mk2 monza moneypit  (Read 4317 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
vaughn's mk2 monza moneypit
« on: 15 October 2006, 10:55 »
reckon the interior will look good  :tongue:
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline vaughn

• I live here
  • now team wagon, and team grumpy trainee
Re: vaughn's mk2 monza moneypit
« Reply #1 on: 15 October 2006, 12:38 »
right folks as most of you know i sold my 16v last year to finance my camper fetish :smiley:. but have regretted selling it ever since. so i decided a mk2 16v was needed once again. had a look at the usual places to buy one and was going to budget around £2500-3000 to get a sorted one. but kept looking and everyone i saw and liked i kept thinking if i`m going to buy that one i`m going to change this and change that so in the end i decided to buy a project and do my own thing.
i saw monza monster was advertising his on ebay with a knackered gearbox so had a deal with him and picked it up yesterday.

got it home and it wouldn`t start so put a booster pack on and was still turning over slowly, gave it a tow and started up fine, gave it a blast round the block and have got a hunch it`s the thrust bearing thats knackered and not the gearbox(sorry monza monster).
so went and picked a new battery up this morning put it on and started first turn of the key :grin:
will post some piccies up tomorrow as i`ve left my camera at work!!

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 17 October 2006, 16:18 »
here`s the pictures

57 plate black 5dr ed30, 1969 bay window devon camper. thats all for now folks, hopefully picking up a wagon tomoz

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 17 October 2006, 16:33 »
got a few things to do to it, the thrust bearing has gone but going to change the gearbox as well just for peace of mind, the bonnet, n/s wing and door want some attention, so will get these resprayed.
a few of the bits i have accumalated might or might not be fitted, i.e g60 brake conversion, full stainless exhaust, edition1 16v electric recaro`s :wink:, happich pop outs :wink: and a bit of chrome bling and other little bits and bobs
but first of all gearbox, clutch and bearing then the mot

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 January 2007, 19:58 »
just a quicky
the gearbox, thrust bearing and clutch have been changed, given it a mini service new plugs, oil and filter. gave it a once over for the mot needed a couple of bulbs, and the brake pipes cleaning, so it`s booked in for an mot next week. i think it`ll fail on the brakes as they are crap but we`ll just have to wait and see. other than that not alot else to report. still unsure what to do with it at the moment but keep checking you never know :wink:

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 09 February 2007, 14:57 »
it`s now got a full 12 mths mot  :wink:

Offline vaughn

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 10 March 2007, 12:11 »
now sold, got took away this morning :cry:. the bloke who bought it is going to use it for the new gti racing series which is being set up
but keep your eye`s peeled for vaughn`s newest car (which isn`t a project  :wink:)