Author Topic: stevee - mk2 GTD  (Read 3151 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
stevee - mk2 GTD
« on: 18 September 2006, 22:43 »
here you go steve :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline stevee

• Not said much yet
Re: stevee - mk2 GTD
« Reply #1 on: 20 September 2006, 21:37 »
ok hi im new to this so please bare whith me.
just got from ebay about 3 weeks ago now a very clean looking mk2 golf 1.6 gtd 5 door  bosting 80 bhp all mod cons inc p/s c/l s/r e/w and a cd player. :smiley:

list of faults :angry:
drivers window motor £65 (fixed) :smiley:
nowt close to 80bhp i left it stoot in a 1.8 td mk1 mondeo (my last car sorry) also no histery so a service inc cam belt kit £75 (sorted) :smiley:
heater didnt work stat changed no good £7.50. :cry: matrix buy pass valves and pipe changed £35 (cushty) :laugh:
now there is just
1 ho in front iner wing. :embarassed:
sun roof seal . :angry:
and a small creas in os front wing. :evil:

so enof of the bad bit so it came with white big bumpers, full power flow exhaust system, half tinted back lights, tinted front indicators, gti spoiler, gti red stripe grill, an very nice sports front seats not know what there out of not this car as mis match the rear seats and cards.vw leather stearing wheel and gear gator.

so now the fun parts mod up to now iv changed the rear light light now crystal clear.
wheels now 17" wolfrace lunar d's.
chrome interior door handles.
sony head unit + 10 disc changer . 2 jbl gto 1000 sub in a prespects fronted box and a spurias amp for now.
and last of all so fare a bit of fun a wiring loom i had kicking about to control the spot lights in the front grill to put a small current though them to alow them to be used as side lights  :grin:
i will list some picks this weekend when iv give her a clean up

white 1991 mk2 gtd on 17ins needs work

Offline stevee

• Not said much yet
Re: stevee - mk2 GTD
« Reply #2 on: 20 October 2006, 20:05 »
right so iv not worked out how to post picks yet as soon as i do i will list some. so about the car.
iv now don 3000 miles effortlessly with it only new prob was the powerflow exhaust a mounting snapped at the back caused clunking and banging  nothing serious all fixed (powerflow bad) .now with a new chrome end piece.
new mods include
40mm lowering spring
crystal grill spots + eye brow spoiler
led rear bulbs
kenwood front door speakers

so not doing to bad still need sunroof seal that getting serious with the weather and all but thats one of this months jobs so I'm impressed again for a car thats now done 128000 miles looking and running great diesel is the fuel of the gods mk2 golfs just have something about them don't they!
white 1991 mk2 gtd on 17ins needs work