Author Topic: Neaty - '90 16v  (Read 8040 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Neaty - '90 16v
« on: 05 December 2005, 13:27 »
here you go :)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
Re: Neaty - '90 16v
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2005, 13:47 »
Thanking You!

Well I am sure most of you have seen pictures of my rouined valver. So I decided to keep an update of how its going for me to get it back to its former glory.

I bought the car in September from ryoungmk1gti for £1000 completely standard. It had done 155,000 miles and is in overall good condition. My mate also cleaned the RA's just before he got rid of it so they were gelaming!

EDIT: Spec wise its pretty much what you would expect of a 90 spec valver:

Power Steering
Electric Windows
Rainbow Interior
Remote Central Locking, cobra alarm and imobiliser
And of course the colour is Helios Blue.
As i am on budget i can only really afford to do little mods so first thing i did was fit a de-badged grill and clear head lights, as you can see on my signiture

But here it is again anyway:

After a couple of weeks i decided to lower it. I had springs for -55mm and -80mm but i decided to go for the -55mm as 80mm was a bit painful on my 1.6 driver, getting the front split caught on everything!

So Basicaly my misson is to get my car from this

back to

Thanks for looking

Neaty

« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:20 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 07 December 2005, 20:11 »
Hello all

right here are some more pictures of what it used to look like:

Sunday was my carwash day and I used to get a bit carried away with the camera afterwards.....well how could you blame me it always looked so shiney!!

Now here are some of it when i first got it, unlowered:

Before i got it my mate fitted a new wing and sprayed it, here is a close up:

it will more than likely be the same guy who will be spraying it again when i get my new bonnet, bumper and wing etc. Not a bad job i dont think.

And another couple of pictures before i got it (just before my mate sold it to me):

^^^ you can see in the background there is the Green Mark 3 8valve i used for a while until i got the valver

So as you can see it was in good nick before the crash which is why i want to keep it

Thanks for looking

Neaty

« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:22 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 16 January 2006, 00:58 »
Haven't posted on here in a while simply because I haven't currently got the facilities to fix the valver but in about 6 weeks our (shared with ryoungmk1gti) huge new lock up should be built, with a pit aswell!!...cant wait!! i think its 40 foot by 40 foot and 20 feet high!

so as soon as it is up the valver can go from my drive and in there then i can properly get it sorted:

Here is a list of what parts i need to do it

Bonnet
Slam pannel/front panel
Bumper
New Debadged Grill
New Clear headllights
New Indicator lenses
New Wing 
Paint

plus on top of that it needs new driveshafts and new front struts, so i might aswell get some uprated stuff from venom motorsport or where ever!

Worked out total cost of about £400 quid, things soon add up!

Because it is a write off it has to be taken to an authorised inspector who will check the car is safe etc etc, the nearest one from my house is an hour away and will cost me £36 ion top of having it MOT'd

« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:30 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2006, 16:21 »
Got a phone call from Banks & Derbyshire, who are the body shop that took my car in to get assessed for valuation and decided to take things from my car. They said that they have all the bits for me including my new stereo but want to arrange for me to take it to them so they can fit everything but to be honest I dont want them to! I will see if I can get them to send me the stuff then i can do it when i am good and ready.

They have ordered me:

GTI badges for the rubbing strips
16 valve badge for the back
Gear stick gaitor
BBS Centre caps for RA's
Kenwood Head Unit

Pictures to follow:

How they left it on my drive when they delivered it back

Picture of the inside:

and another one of how they left it!:

i spoke to the chap at the body shop he is adamant that i get it booked in so he could fit the stuff himself as aposed to me doing it!

« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:32 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 28 February 2006, 20:06 »
Right with the completion of the Lock up/unit looming large I have had a recent flurry of parts ordering! and some frantic ebaying

So I have won a Bumper, bit more than I wanted to pay but it has got indicator lenses in and Fog lights too:

I have also bought some G60/Rallye/Corrado 16v Sebring's which i have always liked, initially to go on the rocco but seeing as though its knackered i am gonna put them on the valver, in black as well i think but who knows.....plus they have 6mm off tred on the Yokohama tyres to which will save me money in the long run as the valver needs new tyres anway  :wink:

p.s. the above pics are of them on the previous owners car, pure coincidence that he has a smashed front end royal blue gti!

so to summarise i just need:

headlights - my mate has some in good nick for me
wing - my mate has one but not sure of condition yet
bonnet - my mate has one and am gonna check the condition of it soon!
cv joints

so we are getting there!

Thanks for reading, and hopefully more to follow soon!

cheers

Neaty

« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:34 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 28 February 2006, 20:18 »
here are some random pics of the damage at the scene of the accident, my mate took them shortly after.

and the womens car i crashed into:

makes u feel safe driving something German doesnt it!

« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:35 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 20 March 2006, 13:43 »
Quick Update:

Went to look at my mates 5 door Golf C last week to see if the bonnet was in good nick as with the front wing. To my relief they are as he said I could have the Bonnet, wing and a set of brand new headlights for £50!  :smiley:

Because the car is on a D plate and its bottom of the range it has the old style 7 slat single light grill, so I am going to have that off him aswell! Just for something different to what I have had in the past!

Made the trip down to Leighton Buzzard (200 miles) to get my ebay purchased bumper on Saturday so another thing to cross off the list!

Note to self, check location of seller before bidding on their item  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 08 November 2006, 23:36 by Neaty »

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 30 March 2006, 14:36 »
Quick Update

Been on ebay again, as you do, and have bought some boge turbo gas shocks for the front off dscam! (cheers mate) so just need to get some for the back, and bought some silver bulbs for my M3 rears so i dnt get the fried egg look.

pics to follow

I am also watching a couple of other auctions for various bits, so watch this space......

Still havnt collected my bonnet, wing, headlights and grill so need to do that this weekend. Then alls i have to do is wait for this to be on the road (see link below) then me and my mate can get started with the repairs.

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=32997.0

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 30 March 2006, 16:55 »
oh add mark 3 style handles to that newly purchased list, auction ended about 30 mins ago!