Author Topic: mk2singh - mk2 1.3 Ryder  (Read 22970 times)

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
Re: mk2singh - mk2 1.3 Ryder
« Reply #10 on: 04 November 2005, 22:58 »
time to sort out the sounds!! wanted a set of components so after a long time of thinkin which ones to buy i bought a set of alpine SPR 17LS. the sound quality is sick!! but to get the best performance out of them i needed to mount them properly so started to make custom door pods using the standard items. will upload sum pics l8r.

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 09 November 2005, 22:05 »
Now i had a choice wen it came to fitting my new components. i could hav spent stupid amount of money and bought the audioscape door builds (which are quality) but i do not hav the money to spend on dem, so i decided to make my own  :smiley: . i used the orginal door pods and built on top of them:

here you can see i cut out an mdf ring and glued it in the position i want the speakers facing.
i then cover them by stretching fleece material over them. i then painted resin onto the fleece to make it go hard.

i am now applying filler to them to get a smooth and more of a curved finish. as this is my first time at having a go at sumthin like dis im not sure if they will come looking gd, but fingers crossed! :undecided:
« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 15:58 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2005, 19:29 »
i hav been busy wrkin on the door builds. filling and smoothing, filling and smoothing! long!! but dey are coming along nicely. its gonna take alot of filler to get them a good curved shape. heres an update pic of them :

i have also been wrkin on the bumpers. primered up the rear bumper with filler primer to level the uneven bits off.
this is the rear bumper:
« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 15:59 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 03 December 2005, 13:41 »
da cars been misbehavin recently, everytime i gt off da motorway it wud stall and also jerk and revs wud go too low, and sumtimes wud limit to 3k revs! looked around the forum and the user "the slick effect" helped me out, had to change the vacuum hoses and also changed the fuel filter. der was also a chip on da ufo lookin thing on da carb so used exhaust tape and sealed it. seems to be runnin alrite nw but will hav to take it on the long run and make sure.
new "green" vacuum hoses!

da chip in da ufo lookin thing lol:

i am "still" working on the door pods.i have also ordered the leatherlook material to cover them which should arrive next week sometime. its 3mm foam backed so shud cover any imperfections in the filler. will update when they are near enough finished.  :nerd:
« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 15:59 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 12 December 2005, 19:44 »
just a lil update, fitted some all black side repeaters which ive had lying around for awhile now. look good, they blend in with the cars colour, but the light from them is not that great as they only glow. will post some pics later on.

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 13 December 2005, 17:32 »
Took some pics of the new side repeaters:

as you can see the light is not very good but you can still see it and the picture was taken in the day so at night shud be aite:
« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 16:00 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #16 on: 10 January 2006, 19:00 »
Havent done much on the dub lately, havent got spare cash or the time with all my uni wrk! but today went to my local scrappy to see if could find anythin. came back with one delocked rear handle and some headlight plugs so i can make my uprated headlight wiring loom. also was on the look out for relays for the loom but couldnt find any :sad: . but will have a look at other scrap yrds. i fitted the delocked handle i got on the passenger door so i have still got one lock on the driver side, but i still am looking for a delcoked one for it.
i have also, "still" been working on my custom door pods. they are nearly finished but i am waiting on this guy to get the material i want to cover them in.

heres some pics of the handle:

« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 16:00 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 24 January 2006, 22:07 »
nothing new with the car atm, since ive had the car i have also smoothed off the ariel on the wing, so atm i have no ariel at all! filled and smoothed da hole off with P40 and P38 and sprayed over with spray cans. the finish wasnt brilliant but came out okish with some buffing and G3!

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #18 on: 11 February 2006, 18:37 »
havent updated for a while now, but today i have been a busy boy! the door pods where near enough finished but i kept putting them off because i was trying to get hold of some material to cover them with. but i cudnt wait anymore, as i wanted to fit my speakers. so i sanded them down and wet n dry'd them until they where fairly smoothish and then sprayed them with primer and then matt black spray.

Primered:

Matt black:

fitted pics:

« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 16:01 by mk2singh »

Offline mk2singh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2006, 15:45 »
finally got some free time, so i thought id carry on with my smooth bumpers. wet n dry'd them and then put another coat of primer to show any imperfections. they still need alot of work so gonna be trying to get them smooth as i can in my holidays. heres some pics of them so far:

« Last Edit: 30 October 2006, 16:02 by mk2singh »